AHC Removed and not replaced (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Removed the AHC from mine after a car wreck Insurance wouldn't pay to fix it. The shop put in the Strut Master kit wow what a piece of crap that was. Soon after I replaced it with Torsion bars and rear springs from a Landcruiser. If they have the strut master kit the front will be real soft and will start sagging soon after install will not feel or look right. Landcruiser suspension parts are easily had if that is all that is wrong. FYI the strut master kits tells the mechanic to crank up the stock LX torsion bars that is why the front end starts sagging because without the hydralic suspension the torsion bars are to weak on their own crazy unsafe.

Thanks, I will check it out, so a 105 can also have AHC?
no it was a joke that clearly people didn’t understand
Don't knowwhat the joke is as we have SAS'd LC100 here in Australia.
We even have LX470 with the 4.5 V8 diesel.
Converted obviously.

@hiCountry Girl, I think the bottom line here is that no one wants you to waste money on a 100 that's been messed up. Especially given that you sound new to the world of the UZJ100. Read all you can - every question you can even imagine has been answered somewhere here on this forum. These are amazing vehicles, but you don't want to start with something that's been bastardized by a hustler who's trying to flip it.

Like everything in life, patience is a virtue and education is invaluable.

@hiCountry Girl, I think the bottom line here is that no one wants you to waste money on a 100 that's been messed up. Especially given that you sound new to the world of the UZJ100. Read all you can - every question you can even imagine has been answered somewhere here on this forum. These are amazing vehicles, but you don't want to start with something that's been bastardized by a hustler who's trying to flip it.

Like everything in life, patience is a virtue and education is invaluable.
This is good advice ... unless you are wrenching these vehicles are expensive to maintain.

If you like, take some pictures of the front and rear shocks and post them here. We can comment whether we see something alarming. Other option is to find a cruiser guy in your area and ask them to check it out for you.

If you like, take some pictures of the front and rear shocks and post them here. We can comment whether we see something alarming. Other option is to find a cruiser guy in your area and ask them to check it out for you.
Thanks, had a look yesterday, receipts from mech say the shocks were replaced by aussie brand (ars?) and coils wer overfsized to keep rear up. Fronts were 20, rears aboiut 22. problem now seems to be the guy had the underbody oiled and its nearly impossible to see if there are leaks !

Removed the AHC from mine after a car wreck Insurance wouldn't pay to fix it. The shop put in the Strut Master kit wow what a piece of crap that was. Soon after I replaced it with Torsion bars and rear springs from a Landcruiser. If they have the strut master kit the front will be real soft and will start sagging soon after install will not feel or look right. Landcruiser suspension parts are easily had if that is all that is wrong. FYI the strut master kits tells the mechanic to crank up the stock LX torsion bars that is why the front end starts sagging because without the hydralic suspension the torsion bars are to weak on their own crazy unsafe.
So even with new front shocks 9 there are no coild up there ? I cannot remember, too mush to look at, but it will give the death woble at spped if oversteered ? Thanks for that comment, I was about to go ahead because she looks well maintained otherwise ( all reciepts etc...)

Does it still have the night vision or was that also removed?

So even with new front shocks 9 there are no coild up there ?

The factory front suspension of an IFS 100 series uses “torsion bars” instead of “coil springs”, whether it has AHC or not.

Thanks, had a look yesterday, receipts from mech say the shocks were replaced by aussie brand (ars?) and coils wer overfsized to keep rear up. Fronts were 20, rears aboiut 22. problem now seems to be the guy had the underbody oiled and its nearly impossible to see if there are leaks !
It does appear that they correctly replaced AHC with non-AHC type suspension. 20" front and 22" rear when measured from hub center to the lower edge of fender means a very modest (about 1" to 1.5") lift.

These trucks are not notorious for leaks. but I would be concerned about rust (if that is an issue in your area).
Also, it would be useful to share year/mileage/major service records in the past 5 years. That would help us give you better advice on it's condition.

@Kabanstva as funny as your jokes are, they are very confusing for a new member! :meh:

It does appear that they correctly replaced AHC with non-AHC type suspension. 20" front and 22" rear when measured from hub center to the lower edge of fender means a very modest (about 1" to 1.5") lift.

These trucks are not notorious for leaks. but I would be concerned about rust (if that is an issue in your area).
Also, it would be useful to share year/mileage/major service records in the past 5 years. That would help us give you better advice on it's condition.

@Kabanstva as funny as your jokes are, they are very confusing for a new member! :meh:
I apologize! 👍😂

Can you ask for a mechanic to have it checked for you?
Not sure if that's a thing in the US.

It feels like I'm back in 2nd grade playing the game Telephone.

• Haha
Reactions: jLB
kidding right...
Why would I be kidding. I would never deal with a seller that can’t answer a question. I also would not buy from someone that likely did half assed repairs. Unless someone did a suspension upgrade and a lift, there is no replacement for ahc, they were just saving money and likely did that with all repairs. Plenty of the vehicles in good condition and it just takes some time to find the right fit. Rust and maintenance are the biggies, miles are not

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom