AHC pump out? With code 1762 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BullElk

SILVER Star
Threads
I have been, currently am and will continue to research this but wanted to post..... and can’t send @PADDO a pm.

Brief to the point AHC issue...

2006 LX. Has been riding perfectly, (no bouncing like when globes are bad). I lowered truck for someone to enter then it would not raise back up to N at 19 mph or manually. No leaks, all fluid in reservoir. Motor runs but will not raise. Globes are 2-3 years old.

I’m thinking maybe just the pump is out. What say you experts?

Thanks for your time

Techstream I have not.

Techstream I have not.
You have HOW MANY LC/LX in your collection and no Techstream?

Well then, we all know the MUD drill. You need to rebaseline your entire rig before we entertain the notion of addressing your current issue. It is THE unwritten rule of this forum

Techstream I have not.
Then boy do I have the best tool you've ever seen, waiting behind door #1...

In all seriousness, you need techstream. The level of work required to get a smidgen of information without Techstream makes it completely asinine. If you don't have a PC, you'd be better off walking 20 miles each direction to go pick up a used laptop off craigs in a bad neighborhood than you would if you were to dig out a multimeter and try to walkthrough the "non-intelligent tester" methods for AHC in the manual. One screenshot after connecting for 60 seconds will tell us more than you could measure in an entire weekend of manual data collection.

Techstream you need.

Perhaps now I do but I have had waaaay too few issues to need much of anything. Hence the reason to buy LX/LCs.

Now I will delve into getting techstream. I do have a PC and ipad, btw.

I see what seems to be several different Techstream options on Amazon. Would anyone care to steer me to the correct one?

I see what seems to be several different Techstream options on Amazon. Would anyone care to steer me to the correct one?
I would use the "Techstream in 5 minutes" files. I think it's all pirated unless you're paying $2k+ for a Toyota subscription. No sense in paying a random Amazon vendor some arbitrary markup for a CD copy of it.

For the cable, I don't think there's a vetted vendor I can recommend. Find a decent listing on Amazon and take a gamble. Note the V1.x cables will not allow you to write data to the car. V2.x cables will. That is important for key programming, TPMS, some of the customization features and other stuff. All the cables should support what you need to read data. I had a 1.x cable and had to buy a second cable with 2.x firmware to ensure I could update my TPMS (after the tire shop was unable to).

I vouch for this

Worked for my 01 LX needs. Just follow install directions precisely

EDIT: looks like the V2.x firmware cables (and software) run about $70

Last edited:
What do the dash lights do when you try to change to N or H?

When the truck is started, it is in Low. The motor runs like it usually does to slightly adjust leveling without pressing up or down but it does not move at all. When I press UP to go to N, motor continues to run with truck not raising at all until OFF begins blinking and then motor stops. The LX is all level like it is supposed to be, no corners on the bump stops, it just will not raise.

Also, I have used jumper wire to force it and it does the same thing.

Did you try a full reset yet? Unplug the battery, and see if it comes back to life.

Yes I did, One of the first things I tried.

You can read / reset the trouble clodes by jumping two pins in the obd connector. It’s in the FSM / on the forum. Eitherway, you’ll going to need techstream in the long run, to see pressures and sensor values of the AHC to troubleshoot.

I did jump the pins in the connector right beside AHC reservoir. The motor would run but still would not raise vehicle. Also, the lights on dash were all blinking crazy like a Macy's parade. Never ever seen that before.

You have about 2.5 million miles of Toyota SUV in your driveway and no Techstream?

You must like that Auto-tilt steering wheel thing A LOT more than I do.

There may be something better now, but this works just fine for me. At less than $3 a cruiser, you get your own fleet discount!

I can't wait near that long to get it from China. However, it wouldn't hurt my feelings to get something less than the $70 one.

Jiminy Crickets, that's the one I'll get...and 30 day return. BAM!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom