Aftermarket sheetmetal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for any opinion, good, bad, beautiful or ugly, on experiences with the stuff. Mainly hoods and fenders for mid to late eighties trucks/4R's.

Whether you bought, installed, body worked, painted it or threw it in the dumpster, I'd like to hear about it. Locating good used OE stuff these days is becoming a real challenge. Personally, I hate having to go A/M but it' looking more and more like where I'm heading. TIA.

Yes I'd like to hear the same. I know a honey hole here in Phoenix but the guy is no longer answering texts or calls 🤷‍♂️

Speaking for a Gen1 4R. I've heard that aftermarket fenders do not fit well. Running into the same problem as the OP, I bought an aftermarket driver's side fender from a local body shop. The fit was not very good. Several of the holes/bolts didn't line up very well. Overall fit just seems a little bit off. I also replaced the passenger side fender with a boneyard OEM. The passenger fender bolted up perfect.

That said, I also need to accept the fact that I believe the truck was in a collission before I bought it, driver's side. It's possible the truck's body alignment was off too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom