Aftermarket Air Box (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

My first post as I've just joined this forum after purchasing my first ever Toyota (what have I been waiting for all these years ;)
Anyways I'm hoping anyone can point in the direction of which aftermarket airbox for 2017 LC200?
I'm based in Western Australia so hopefully a local supplier/fabricator from Australia has an airbox that someone has bought and used.
Looking for a simple bolt in kit that uses the factory mounts/pipes etc.
Thanks in advance and really enjoying the content on this forum!

Couple questions:

1) As AUS 200s have different engine options than what available in the US, what engine type does your vehicle have?

2) What are you looking for the aftermarket airbox to do? More power, more noise, more filtration?

Hi TeCKis300,

1) Its a 1VD-FTV 4.5L Twin Turbo V8

2) Looking for the aftermarket airbox to keep out dust. I travel on dusty roads and have noticed a slight build up of dust. The factory airbox just doesn't seem to clamp down hard enough. Hoping to find a bolt down option instead of the clamp down.

Cheers

Hi All,

My first post as I've just joined this forum after purchasing my first ever Toyota (what have I been waiting for all these years ;)
Anyways I'm hoping anyone can point in the direction of which aftermarket airbox for 2017 LC200?
I'm based in Western Australia so hopefully a local supplier/fabricator from Australia has an airbox that someone has bought and used.
Looking for a simple bolt in kit that uses the factory mounts/pipes etc.
Thanks in advance and really enjoying the content on this forum!

I would ask @VooDoo2. He's not on your West side of the island...but he is VERY connected in the Cruiser community down under...so if he doesn't know first hand...he'll know someone who does.

The issue with the airboxes is that they can warp with the heat and allow dust to enter from around the edges. The factory filter is average at best and can allow fine dust to pas though the filter as well. After a lot of testing, the Unifilter seems to work the best. K&N worse than factory. Ryco is hit and miss
IMG_7405.JPG
IMG_7559.JPG
IMG_7560.JPG
IMG_7562.JPG
IMG_7564.JPG

Thanks mate these guys look like they do a great product and they're based out of Perth.

Ended up going with the Moonlight Fab airbox. They were friendly, knowledgeable about my vehicle and prompt to call back and reply. Should arrive next week. Pic's to follow. Thanks again for your input!

Thanks for this mate, really helpful. Who makes that airbox? Looks pretty straight forward to install as well. So you run the Unifilter with this Airbox?

I ended up going for the Moonlight Fab airbox. Local, friendly and knew a lot about LC200's. Pic's to come, thanks again for your input!

Glad I could help. As a ‘merican, I only knew about them from a cruiser here in the US I was considering buying. It had a 1HD-FTE transplanted with a Moonlight air box and snorkel.

Thanks for this mate, really helpful. Who makes that airbox? Looks pretty straight forward to install as well. So you run the Unifilter with this Airbox?

LOL, you already know me... This ones a AAA box, a lot cheaper than the moonlight fab one but they do great work. I know their ones with the window so you can see the filters are a very sweet setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom