ACSD - Blanking plate part number (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Interesting @HillCountryTX . Thanks so much for your explanation. What part of the Hill Country are you in?

What did you use to close-off / bypass the inlet/outlet ports at the block when you did the delete?

I definitely wouldn't want that happening to my pump. I guess I will wait to see what the guy working on it has to say.

I used just plain old heater/coolant hose (I believe 3/4 inch diameter, but don't quote me on it) and about 16 inches in length to "loop" the engine block ports together. I removed the entire ACSD assembly, including the coolant line connections, as the rubber is 27+ years old and didn't want to reuse it after removing it. See my photos/tidbits at ACSD Removal 1HD-T

Thanks! Hope this helps...let me know if you need any help or how-to. I'm in the Fredericksburg area :)

Looks like my IP is toast. Apparently it was sucking in air for awhile (before I got it). I am amazed it was still working in that condition.

This is what happens when an IP leak goes on for too long. Clearly should have been addressed asap.

Not exactly related to the ACSD but still shows what damage can happen. ( My leak wasn't at the ACSD.)

Last edited:
So let me ask you guys this. If you could get a brand new OEM ACSD for $85USD, would you just replace it or would you still remove and block it off?

Definitely remove and block it off. They cause some serious damage to the IP when they do go bad that I have personally seen, just not worth the benefit they provide which I understand is only to idle up the engine during cold start.

I had a blanking plate for the IP in the PZJ70 because when I got a rebuilt pump for it, it had the ACSD added back on. If I kept it longer, it would have been removed. (Something I should have done before I even installed the rebuilt IP, duh!)

Definitely remove and block it off. They cause some serious damage to the IP when they do go bad that I have personally seen, just not worth the benefit they provide which I understand is only to idle up the engine during cold start.

I had a blanking plate for the IP in the PZJ70 because when I got a rebuilt pump for it, it had the ACSD added back on. If I kept it longer, it would have been removed. (Something I should have done before I even installed the rebuilt IP, duh!)
Man I'm just having a booger of a time find the o-ring and plate from the same place and none of them are in the US. It runs great and idles perfect but now I'm scared of trashing my IP so I dont wanna drive it until its removed lol.

Man I'm just having a booger of a time find the o-ring and plate from the same place and none of them are in the US. It runs great and idles perfect but now I'm scared of trashing my IP so I dont wanna drive it until its removed lol.

I wish I could remember the p/n of the plate. I gave it to the new owner and advised him that he should put it on at some point. My pump was freshly rebuilt so I wasn't as concerned as you were.

You can get it at any local injection pump shop that services Denso brand IP.

I wish I could remember the p/n of the plate. I gave it to the new owner and advised him that he should put it on at some point. My pump was freshly rebuilt so I wasn't as concerned as you were.

You can get it at any local injection pump shop that services Denso brand IP.
Okay I will make a few phone calls and see what i can come up with, thank you

The blanking plate is the same as those found on VW Landrover Volvo and any other bosch denso ip
Or look under 1HZ blanking plate on ebay.

They probably wont know what you are talking about if you start talking about blanking plates for 1HD T injection pumps. Take a pic from the internet on your phone and show them.

They probably wont know what you are talking about if you start talking about blanking plates for 1HD T injection pumps. Take a pic from the internet on your phone and show them.

I think you forget that we live in the USA. We can't really walk into a pump shop and expect them all to be familiar with 1HD-T pumps. That being said, the actual plate goes on a lot more than just that pump or so I was told by the shop I got it.

Try one of the diesel shops that have helped a Mud member order them in the past. I know Radd cruisers can still get a hold of them but they told me 3weeks last time, with how many imports in the Oregon area im sure you can reach out to someone out there and get them. Ill ask my local diesel shop who supplied me with them if they can get some more.

I found the invoice from when I got the plate. P/N says Bosch 1461074312 for the plate. I got this from a local pump shop here in San Antonio called M&D Link to M&D page

They didn't have it in stock but ordered it and shipped it to my address. Worth a try.

Well guys look what I found. Went to my local Mahindra dealer which use bosch IP's. Not 100% sure its gonna work but will find out tomorrow. They just gave it to me and two different size o-rings to try. Think it will work?

20200221_102524.jpg

20200221_102531.jpg

Looks like the same size except for the thickness but that part shouldn't really matter as long you can still use the bolts.

Looks like the same size except for the thickness but that part shouldn't really matter as long you can still use the bolts.
Yeah I'll just run to fastenal or something if I need new ones. I'll follow up afterwards and let you all know. Planning on doing it tomorrow. Might be a good source for others here in the states if it works

I think you forget that we live in the USA. We can't really walk into a pump shop and expect them all to be familiar with 1HD-T pumps. That being said, the actual plate goes on a lot more than just that pump or so I was told by the shop I got it.

Thats why Im saying take a pic of a blanking plate on the internet and show them. They should recognise it. I had already suggested Landrover Volvo and VW are using blanking plates

So quick noob question, I'll need to bleed each injector one at a time after installing block off plate correct? Just use manual pump to do this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom