Accident headed back to Florida (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Glad to hear occupants are okay. Body damage to the rig seems to repairable.

The both of you are safe and ready for another day, very happy to hear...

The Cruiser did its most important job and kept you safe...

I didn't hate the Dunlops that came with the rig, but I got rid of them before 20,000 miles for the BFG KO2's no regrets...

Stay safe,

Jeff

Glad everyone is safe and would like to offer a word of caution. My insurance company, which I and many others would consider to be the best out there, has a similar policy and guarantee as yours. However, this does not always guarantee the best work. The work done on my vehicle years ago took for ever and was a hamfisted repair, although I had the work done at the repair shop recommended by my insurer. I would encourage you to seek recommendations, seek out examples of work, and fully vet the repair company. While the work may be gauranteed, the first repairs done are not always easy to reverse or remedy and the time is never replaceable.
Glad everyone is safe and would like to offer a word of caution. My insurance company, which I and many others would consider to be the best out there, has a similar policy and guarantee as yours. However, this does not always guarantee the best work. The work done on my vehicle years ago took for ever and was a hamfisted repair, although I had the work done at the repair shop recommended by my insurer. I would encourage you to seek recommendations, seek out examples of work, and fully vet the repair company. While the work may be gauranteed, the first repairs done are not always easy to reverse or remedy and the time is never replaceable.
what he said ^^. Someone recently blew a light and blasted into the front left of my LX. Thank God we were in a tank and they weren't. They were going 40 and we stopped them in their tracks. Anyhow, the truck was bordering on totalled and not, and I fought the insurance company to total it because I didn't think anyone could repair it to where it was before. I had the KO2s btw, and loved them. The front left wheel took a direct hit and was actually knocked from the vehicle, with suspension pieces all over the road. The tire itself was still full of air!

Wow, glad you are all ok. Hope it all works out for you with the repair and insurance company (remember they usually have themselves first in mind.) Don’t settle for half ass repairs. Best of luck to you and your LX.

Last edited:
what he said ^^. Someone recently blew a light and blasted into the front left of my LX. Thank God we were in a tank and they weren't. They were going 40 and we stopped them in their tracks. Anyhow, the truck was bordering on totalled and not, and I fought the insurance company to total it because I didn't think anyone could repair it to where it was before. I had the KO2s btw, and loved them. The front left wheel took a direct hit and was actually knocked from the vehicle, with suspension pieces all over the road. The tire itself was still full of air!
Any picture of your truck ? Good job on fighting to get it totalled

Too many people bend over for the insurance company and don't stand their ground

Glad you're both ok. That's most important.

Any picture of your truck ? Good job on fighting to get it totalled

Too many people bend over for the insurance company and don't stand their ground

I think this should work? Anyhow, what you can't see is all the mechanical damage from taking a direct hit to the suspension, and engine compartment. They gave me $25k including tax for my 2007. Not bad...I had to fight for that amount, of course.
IMG_1593.JPG

If you look closely, you can see that the big steel bumper underneath the plastic one is literally broken in half. The damage in these vehicles adds up quickly!

If you look closely, you can see that the big steel bumper underneath the plastic one is literally broken in half. The damage in these vehicles adds up quickly!

That's the plastic covering. The bumper is the aluminum lined with plastic and is in pretty good shape, did not move enough to even deploy the front air bags. Unless something happened under the LX which skidded through the mud and came to a stop, I think it will be pretty superficial. Might not of had any damage if my front end while rotating had not clipped the other car that spun out of control. I'm just glad another semi wasn't passing me while the beast was acting light a circus elephant doing 360's across the interstate that would of had a totally different outcome.

That's the plastic covering. The bumper is the aluminum lined with plastic and is in pretty good shape, did not move enough to even deploy the front air bags. Unless something happened under the LX which skidded through the mud and came to a stop, I think it will be pretty superficial. Might not of had any damage if my front end while rotating had not clipped the other car that spun out of control. I'm just glad another semi wasn't passing me while the beast was acting light a circus elephant doing 360's across the interstate that would of had a totally different outcome.
Sorry for not being clear. I was referring to the bumper in my pic.

Looks like just the front plastic stuff lights, cameras, radar, air conditioning condenser and fan was bent, and one fender, front bumper dented so will be replaced, a couple of supports, one wheel, chrome strip on the back bumper got dinged? No structural parts, engine drivetrain and suspension, frame, OK. About $15k and a couple of weeks. I'm very happy!

They want to use a non OEM trans cooler I've told the insurance company that I wanted OEM. If I don't win this battle does anyone think non-OEM transmission cooler will be a problem?

They want to use a non OEM trans cooler I've told the insurance company that I wanted OEM. If I don't win this battle does anyone think non-OEM transmission cooler will be a problem?

I wouldn't choose that as my "hill to die on." I'd be more concerned about using OEM hoses/clamps than the cooler itself.

Just my $0.02.

Glad you're OK :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom