Accident headed back to Florida (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_0838.JPG
IMG_0838.JPG
IMG_0844.JPG
IMG_0843.JPG

IMG_0841.JPG

Torrential rain hit Highway slowed down to 50 blinkers on car in front of me spun off the highway my car spun off the highway clipped them ended up in the ravine in between interstate. About 50 miles east of Memphis on interstate 40. I have no idea if the insurance will total it. airbags did not deploy windshield is fine front doors open fine I don't think there's any frame damage. Front hood is bent. All gauges on dash stayed in normal condition until HWP arrived and ambulance. I thought we were going to flip. I think I would've been fine if I would've had all terrain tires on but the factory Dunlops just acted like racing slicks and I had no traction on any wheel. So my insurance company is going to rent us a car and probably in a month or so I can come back and get my repaired rig :(

CTed the wife in the emergency room no fractures or ligaments torn just bruising so we're very lucky sore muscles. Problem is I live in North Florida and when they get it fixed I have to come clear back to Arkansas to pick it up if they don't total it I doubt they will. I don't even think it needs to be totaled when I slid off the road it was in the mud and all four tires still have air in them one of the wheels is broken,chipped and the other one looks like it could be a little bit tweeted and I'm sure just trim pieces new hood and bumper. When we are going around in circles I really thought we were going to flip especially when we hit the side of the road and all the mud but it stayed upright. My tow guy was concerned when I was getting all my stuff out of the truck he asked me who was it being towed to to be repaired when I told him he said oh that's great they're really a good repair shop it'll be a quality job. My insurance company uses specific repair shops that have to be certified and the repairs are guaranteed for life of my ownership if I find anything wrong I take it to any of their certified repair locations and they fix it so I'm not too concerned it's just a pain in the ass I've had it for a month and now it's going to be a wait to get it back and then I have to drive clear back up to Arkansas to pick it up. Glad I'm retired. Really glad my wife wasn't injured and were both walking away from this and any other kind of car we might not of been these things are really Beasts!

Glad you are both ok and it brought you guys to a stop safely and on all fours. I think you are far from a total on a '15 with that damage. Hopefully they can get it back right and fast. My in-laws absolutely destroyed a Sienna, which I could not believe wasn't a total, and you would never know it now. Body shops now are amazing in what they can return a car to.

Glad you and wife are safe....you just bought this a couple of months ago didnt you?

Glad I was in my 200 with AVS I think if I was driving my old 100 with a 2" lift and 33" BFG at Kos it would of flipped

Very glad you guys are ok!

Damage does not look that bad, maybe its telling you it wants an aftermarket bumper and bigger AT tires. :)

Sorry about the accident, but really glad you and the wife are okay. Material stuff can be replaced or repaired. Hope everything goes well here on out.

That stinks, especially with such a new to you, nice looking rig.

I feel for you, but at least everybody came out so well that posting about it on a forum is high on your list of concerns. That's why we buy these things.

Plus you've made me feel better about buying a set of KO2's.

Glad I was in my 200 with AVS I think if I was driving my old 100 with a 2" lift and 33" BFG at Kos it would of flipped

It's hard to say, but it's clear the 200 has a safety advantage over the 100 (which is very safe in it's own right - but it was designed over 20 years ago) not only in strength but also technology. I honestly can't think of another non-commercial vehicle I'd rather be in during a wreck than a 200.

Glad you and your wife are ok!! Rig can be replaced but not life. Do not think it will be totaled.

CTed the wife in the emergency room no fractures or ligaments torn just bruising so we're very lucky sore muscles. Problem is I live in North Florida and when they get it fixed I have to come clear back to Arkansas to pick it up if they don't total it I doubt they will. I don't even think it needs to be totaled when I slid off the road it was in the mud and all four tires still have air in them one of the wheels is broken,chipped and the other one looks like it could be a little bit tweeted and I'm sure just trim pieces new hood and bumper. When we are going around in circles I really thought we were going to flip especially when we hit the side of the road and all the mud but it stayed upright. My tow guy was concerned when I was getting all my stuff out of the truck he asked me who was it being towed to to be repaired when I told him he said oh that's great they're really a good repair shop it'll be a quality job. My insurance company uses specific repair shops that have to be certified and the repairs are guaranteed for life of my ownership if I find anything wrong I take it to any of their certified repair locations and they fix it so I'm not too concerned it's just a pain in the ass I've had it for a month and now it's going to be a wait to get it back and then I have to drive clear back up to Arkansas to pick it up. Glad I'm retired. Really glad my wife wasn't injured and were both walking away from this and any other kind of car we might not of been these things are really Beasts!

Glad everyone is safe and would like to offer a word of caution. My insurance company, which I and many others would consider to be the best out there, has a similar policy and guarantee as yours. However, this does not always guarantee the best work. The work done on my vehicle years ago took for ever and was a hamfisted repair, although I had the work done at the repair shop recommended by my insurer. I would encourage you to seek recommendations, seek out examples of work, and fully vet the repair company. While the work may be gauranteed, the first repairs done are not always easy to reverse or remedy and the time is never replaceable.

If frame and engine are good, no way wii repairs hit 60-80% of market value, the usual trigger for insurance company to review for a total, knowing the first estimate will grow with hidden damage. I bet you're under $10k, as it looks like you mostly shredded all the plastic.

Glad you're safe, for sure.

Wow! Good to hear that everybody is basically okay. Hope recovery of people and car is fast, smooth and full.

The Dunlop tread doesn't seem too different from the tires I have. I'm considering accelerating my conversion to K02. The one hesitation, being unfamiliar with these types of vehicles and tires (I'm used to sporty cars using high performance tires like S03 or ExtremeContact; never had an SUV until recently).

How do K02 perform on pavement regarding dry and wet traction for braking and highway handling? I read qualitative reviews (good dry/wet traction) but I have no relative context and can't find numbers like perhaps available for sports car tires (ie - same car, g-force capability on dry/wet and braking distance).

What does one expect of K02 relative to sporty car tires (like ExtremeContact)? Big difference? Or comparable, all things considered? Given the experience above, I'm more apt to replace sooner rather than later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom