AC Throwing 8 Codes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

I just bought a 2002 LX470 with 200,000 miles. Slowly starting to see all the little things wrong with it, but determined to fix as many as I can.

I am diagnosing the AC and its throwing trouble codes: 12, 17, 19, 21, 23, 26, 37, 47. Found some of the trouble codes on another post but some are missing.

I see compressor was changed at 140,000 miles (see attachment).

I’m relatively new to the 100 series community, so please be forgiving on my post. I did some research and am planning on replacing the outdoor ambient temperature sensor since the outside temperature reading is empty. Just says ”outside “.

I saw perhaps the fuse box in the driver’s footwell might be the cause.

Any help or places to start would be appreciated. I haven’t purchased techstream yet, do you think it’d be worth it?

Thank you for your time

1AF9B0EF-19A3-4473-BF8B-E461D1D036DF.png

Update: added freon and code 23 went away. Compressor now engages and cold air successfully comes out. Solar sensor doesn't work even if tested outside and/or with light shining directly on it.

Update: I disconnected the battery for 10 minutes and reconnected. Now down to 2 codes! 12 and 21. I'll replace the ambient temp sensor. I was flashing a light directly on the solar sensor but I'll try to redo the test outside and see if code 21 goes away

What did ya find out about the solar sensor code 21? What does the solar sensor do exactly? Compensate for direct sunlight coming into the cabin?

What did ya find out about the solar sensor code 21? What does the solar sensor do exactly? Compensate for direct sunlight coming into the cabin?

It’s an input to the A/C. Can’t say for sure how it plays a role in temperature management

AEF82D65-ECDA-4747-839C-3B3FD0146F73.png

For that solar sensor code 21 ... I discovered that it helps to remove the sun visor from the dash and windshield before running the diagnostics ... duh. Welp, so there's that. No more code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom