AC Outlet in '03 GX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sorry if this has been asked and answered but my gx has an outlet in the rear like you would have in a house. Not sure if all of them have it as this is my first gx and I have only had it for a week. Anyway i want to know two things if anyone can answer or guide to another forum post but, how do I

1) Get constant power to the plug, and if I should even consider doing it?

2) How long roughly would it be running a small fan or something of that nature be before my battery would die?

I know I could do a dual battery but I really don't want to install my own outlet back there off the auxiliary battery. Any information is greatly appreciated.

You would have to hardwire it (it is switched power). The draw would be the factor on how long it would last. You can also just get a goal zero type battery and mount it in the truck and run stuff off it, then charge it off the inverter or solar (or both). Lots of options.

You would have to hardwire it (it is switched power). The draw would be the factor on how long it would last. You can also just get a goal zero type battery and mount it in the truck and run stuff off it, then charge it off the inverter or solar (or both). Lots of options.
Do the goal zero solar panels have a battery built in? Or do you mean use it to charge a mounted battery that I would put in the vehicle?

GZ panels are just panels. Have to get their battery to plug in the panel. Pretty simple setup (which why they charge a premium).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom