AC Illumination (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ps didn't replace the D light... eff the D light, that thing can stay burnt out for all i care!

ps thanks for the pic on showing how to remove the facade! Im definitely ordering some trim removal tools though; if i keep this up i know that im gunna scratch the SH!T out of my dash haha
Was the video I posted that mentions the four clips any accurate?

These were the ones I used!

After a few nights of driving I freaking LOVE it great mod!

http://www.superbrightleds.com/more...led-bulb-3-smd-led-wide-angle-wedge-base/228/

ps thanks for the pic on showing how to remove the facade! Im definitely ordering some trim removal tools though; if i keep this up i know that im gunna scratch the SH!T out of my dash haha

The pic I posted was borrowed from another MUD post.
I didn’t have upholstery tools handy but did have a new/clean 5 in 1 painter’s tool handy and covered the blade with blue painters tape. The wide, thin blade worked very well in a pinch. A flat blade screwdriver is likely to mar the dash unless you're very, very careful and maybe a little lucky.

Ok I have read the 3 pages on this thread and most of it is regarding LC, I know some bulbs would be the same but I want to replace my control panel with LEDs I have a lx470 2000 and I have the auto climate and the height adjustment button and want to replace all bulbs from snifter to just below radio since I am installing after market radio. Can someone recommend a source and a FULL LIST of all bulbs I would need? It would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance! ;)

These were the ones I used!

After a few nights of driving I freaking LOVE it great mod!

http://www.superbrightleds.com/more...led-bulb-3-smd-led-wide-angle-wedge-base/228/

Over a year old post, but do you recall how many #74 bulbs it took to re-lamp your instrument cluster? I've got the number of bulbs for HVAC control dash, but I haven't pulled out my speedo/tach, so I was hoping you or someone else might advise me how many total (and what color) LEDs I'll need to change over that area of the dash to LEDs.

Thanks in advance......

So instead of re-counting everything here is the order I placed to literally do every bulb in the cluster/hvac/shifter/and to the right of the cluster.

Hope this helps - if not I could try and count them up! Let me know haha
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419299646.622281.jpg

So instead of re-counting everything here is the order I placed to literally do every bulb in the cluster/hvac/shifter/and to the right of the cluster.

Hope this helps - if not I could try and count them up! Let me know haha
View attachment 1008457
Thanks. I placed an order today for all of that, except I didn't order the LEDs for the lower center section, and I only got 6 #74 LEDs for the gauge cluster. Due to the "issues" some experienced, I got green LEDs to try to duplicate the OEM bulbs with green condoms........I'll report back how that turns out.

ChrisJosiah, Thanks for the reply, and Merry Christmas!

Thanks. I placed an order today for all of that, except I didn't order the LEDs for the lower center section, and I only got 6 #74 LEDs for the gauge cluster. Due to the "issues" some experienced, I got green LEDs to try to duplicate the OEM bulbs with green condoms........I'll report back how that turns out.

ChrisJosiah, Thanks for the reply, and Merry Christmas!

Haha green condoms - so true though!

You will have to post a picture of what that green looks like.

Ok I have read the 3 pages on this thread and most of it is regarding LC, I know some bulbs would be the same but I want to replace my control panel with LEDs I have a lx470 2000 and I have the auto climate and the height adjustment button and want to replace all bulbs from snifter to just below radio since I am installing after market radio. Can someone recommend a source and a FULL LIST of all bulbs I would need? It would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance! ;)

Are the bulb types the same for LC and LX? I have several bulbs out on the HVAC display, antenna button and looks like a few around the seat heater, and AHC controls.

Because of this thread, I just went through this process on my son's 2000 TLC. The only working lights on the center console at the time of purchase, were the (2) 5mm Clock lights.

On the 1st pass I tried some cheap LEDs off of eBay. (LEDs are LEDs, right?) While these bulbs did (kinda) work, the bases did not fit well into the socket. This meant it took quite a bit of fiddling to make them work. Once they did work, they tended to flicker on and off at will.

For the 2nd try, I ordered the above recommended LEDs from superbrightleds.com. The bases fit in the sockets just fine (about the same as the factory bulbs), and the only fiddling required was to swap polarity.

(We went with the non-HP NEOx LED bulbs. White for "hazard", "antenna" & "diff lock". Green for everything else. We opted not to swap out the clock lights at this time.)

If you are contemplating doing this, I would suggest that you save yourself some time and frustration by ordering the "right" LEDs the 1st time.

Thanks to the earlier posters in this thread!

Moar pics of the green bulbs

HVAC%20LED.jpg

I hate to revive an old thread, but can someone tell me why the Hazard, Antenna, and CDL switch is still green and the knobs are white? They are the same bulb. Also, how did people change the color of the rear heats, heated mirrors, etc? Photo below.

If you notice on post #2 on this thread there are pictures of green bulbs. The bulbs themselves aren't green, they have a transparent green cover on them. You can remove the green cover off the bulb if you don't like the green illumination.

If you notice on post #2 on this thread there are pictures of green bulbs. The bulbs themselves aren't green, they have a transparent green cover on them. You can remove the green cover off the bulb if you don't like the green illumination.

Sorry, I guess I was not clear on what bulb I was using. I am using White LED bulbs. I used 8, (5) for the Knobs, (1) for Hazard, (1) for Antenna, (1) for CDL. So they do not have a green cover on these bulbs.

Haha! Its been a crazy day, changed all the lights, then figured why not do the head unit so i installed one of those too!

jeez im tired and i never knew finger tips could hurt after pressing on so many small annoying objects!

View attachment 799755
Its been over 5 years now. I am curious, how are the lights holding up?

I just installed 7 green LEDs in the center A/C knob area, CDL, and antenna, and a red one on the hazard switch. I left the clock alone. The plastic holder is really soft, it seems cheap. Lights from superbrightleds.com. They are all the same size, the two clock one's are bigger. Noticeable bright even in daylight, might be too much for me at night. Yes, they work with the dimmer control, but would be inconsistent with the rest of the cabin illumination, we'll see.

Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 2.57.45 PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom