AC Compressor Issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

Just resealed and rebuilt my AC compressor (Denso 10PA series) in my 1996 FZJ80, as well as replaced my expansion valve and every o-ring I could get my hands on. Mechanic who recharged system said it held pressure for an hour (!) and was perfect as far as he could tell. Even with a new bearing, the compressor still will not engage. Mechanic and I both suspect that it is an electrical issue (looks to be aftermarket wiring on the magnet ring (?), but where else could the wiring be f***ed up? In the line from the drier to the expansion valve there's a little Denso something-or-other that appears to not have some sort of sensor attached that may or may not supposed to be there? It's right behind the DS headlight assembly. If I trace the wiring from the magnet ring to the harness and into the cab to the AC switch, is that all the wiring there is? Would running a new wire to that switch potentially solve this? Is it possible that the electromagnet coil is "shot"? I'm not certain which route to pursue here.

Any recommendations would be very much appreciated here.

Try placing a jumper wire in the high/low pressure sensor connector that is the one you described behind the drivers headlight. If that sensor is bad, no power will go to the compressor clutch.

I've seen power go all the way up to the magnetic clutch coil but have a failed coil and not work, I've assembled clutch coil and had the wrong gap and it didn't work, I've accidently unplugged the pressure switch behind the drivers headlights while messing with headlights etc and then it didn't work. All possible and very common to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom