About to pull the trigger on a Y2K 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

was looking at a '99 locally with 30K miles. Been on the lot for 4 months or so. Nothing wrong with it really, except that the dealer must have paid too much for it cuz he would not let it go of the last thousand or 2 over the realistic price. So it just sat and sat. We made a couple of offers, they did not take it, and it still stood there 2 months later... :-\
On another one, we made an offer, the guy dismissed the offer in a huff, been sitting there 2 months, it's now advertised at about the same as our offer, still no taker...
So, dealers have their quirks too, which may not necessarily make any business sense.
oh well, adds to the pleasure of the hunt eh?
E

try to shop for the best deal at the end of the month......dealer are MUCH more inclined to take a skinny deal at the end of the month............trust me.........I sold cars ;)

[quote author=e9999 link=board=2;threadid=12617;start=msg116339#msg116339 date=1078597804]
was looking at a '99 locally with 30K miles. Been on the lot for 4 months or so. Nothing wrong with it really, except that the dealer must have paid too much for it cuz he would not let it go of the last thousand or 2 over the realistic price. So it just sat and sat. We made a couple of offers, they did not take it, and it still stood there 2 months later... :-\
On another one, we made an offer, the guy dismissed the offer in a huff, been sitting there 2 months, it's now advertised at about the same as our offer, still no taker...
So, dealers have their quirks too, which may not necessarily make any business sense.
oh well, adds to the pleasure of the hunt eh?
E

[/quote]

[quote author=Landpimp link=board=2;threadid=12617;start=msg116351#msg116351 date=1078601069]
trust me.........I sold cars ;)
[/quote]
Those two phrases don't go together :slap: :flipoff2:

[quote author=Garth1 link=board=2;threadid=12617;start=msg116175#msg116175 date=1078551913]
Red radiator fluid is TOYOTA radiator fluid. It is expensive but sooooooo much better for the life of the radiator...
[/quote]

Why do you think the toyota coolant is any better for the life of the radiator?

Rich

[quote author=Rich link=board=2;threadid=12617;start=msg116360#msg116360 date=1078602857]
Why do you think the toyota coolant is any better for the life of the radiator?

Rich
[/quote]

I've used the green since the first change, now have 135K miles and no problems. I change it once a year. The color means nothing it is done based on what the manufacture wants. All the antifreeze in the country is made in a couple of factories.

wasn't there some major difference in composition between red and green, as discussed in a previous thread?
E

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom