A442F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,
I have a Toyota Land Cruiser 80 in fzj80 mode. When I put the gearbox on D, it moves very slowly. Hello. When I put it on gear, then I put it on D. Please diagnose the problem. What is the solution?

Hello,
I have a Toyota Land Cruiser 80 in fzj80 mode. When I put the gearbox on D, it moves very slowly. Hello. When I put it on gear, then I put it on D. Please diagnose the problem. What is the solution?
Check your front drive flanges on the front hub of both sides. The drive flange will strip out the splines and will allow one axle to spin inside the hub, sending all power to that axle.

If you have locking hubs, you need to lock the hubs.

Also try to place the truck in low range and the "Center Differential Lock - CDL" light should come on on the dash. This is locking the CDL. Then you should be able to drive. is so, then check the drive flanges.

What year and model truck and transmission is yours?

Double Threads by OP

Hello,
With your 1994 1FZ-FE with A442F automatic transmission,
1) check your fluid level on the transmission after driving a minimum of 20 km
2) place the transfer case in low range to lock the CDL. Attempt to drive. Advise any symptoms.

With your 1994 1FZ-FE with A442F automatic transmission,
1) check your fluid level on the transmission after driving a minimum of 20 km
2) place the transfer case in low range to lock the CDL. Attempt to drive. Advise any symptoms.
A442F Transmission Oil Level Km Liter Total

Center Differential Lock.

If you pull the transfer case lever into LO it automatically locks the center differential. But also the gearing will be very low so you can't drive very fast.

The purpose is to test to see if the vehicle moves faster (at first) but you can't drive more than around ? 40kph or so when the vehicle is in LO gear.

I have deleted the other two threads as they are thee same topic. As a suggestion, I would make your posts in English to enable more knowledgeable folks to understand your questions.

Your friendly 80's moderator

Center Differential Lock.

If you pull the transfer case lever into LO it automatically locks the center differential. But also the gearing will be very low so you can't drive very fast.

The purpose is to test to see if the vehicle moves faster (at first) but you can't drive more than around ? 40kph or so when the vehicle is in LO gear.
When placed on LO it moves quickly

Your symptoms point to one or both "stripped drive flanges" on the front axles. Use that as a search time for more information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom