A442 has no reverse (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just bought a 1993 with 193k miles and it has a few problems that I need to solve. When I got it park, reverse, 2nd and drive didn't work. I followed the TSRM and got park to work and can manually shift through the gears with the solenoids unhooked. But it still has no reverse. I did the throttle cable as well. I'm pulling the engine for a rebuild as it smokes and has a rod knock. While the engine is out should I just replace the trans? Or is there something I'm missing? All the lights light up on the dash and the NSS appears to be functional. My next step is to drop the pan and change the filter and replace all the fluid. What else could it be? I searched everywhere.

Yeah when I went down to get it he said the trans was just bad and I start it and it knocks. Needless to say there was a price adjustment.

So I have an update. So I rebuilt the engine and got a 120k mile transmission and I went on my first drive and it doesn't go into overdrive. The light doesn't light up on the dash either. Neither does the light for drive. The speedo doesn't work either. Is the speedo related to the overdrive? And does anyone have a harness diagram for a a442 nss? When I replaced the trans the old nss was hardwired to the engine harness so I cut that out and resoldered with a new plug but there was a wire the plug had that the engine harness didnt have. Any help will be appreciated thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom