A little help with error code p0340 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

Recently had new tires put on, and when I got the car back from the tire place, I had a CEL and vsc off/vsc trac ligth on. Ok, nbd...did a search on the forums and figured I needed to run the zero point calibration to get it back in spec. Didn't have a chance last night, drove it to work this morning...same lights as before as expected. Get in the car this afternoon on my way home and all the lights are off! yay! the car fixed itself. Figured I would hook up techstream anyway just to run a diagnostic for S&G's and do a the zero point calibration.

Diagnostic threw back error codes P3040 - Cam position sensor and P3045, which I can't seem to find anything for.

POOP.

Ran a live monitor and have a misfire in cylinder 5. I know the plugs need replacing, they are original with the truck at 130K.

My question is, is P3040 related to this spark plug misfire? Do i just need to change the plugs? Something else?

Check engine light is still off.

Other observations: Abnormally cool night, got down to 47F with a high of 68F today.

Thanks for the help

TL;DR - Is P3040 related to bad spark plugs?

Headed to the dealership to have them take a look. I'll keep this thread updated for posterity as the question seems to be a stumper.

If the CEL was off, I would of cleared the codes, changed the spark plugs as you where intending to do and just drove it to see if anything comes back. They might of left the door open and run the battery flat bringing on some lights when trying to restart, might of jumped the battery and gave it back. Just a guess, but I wouldn't of got to worried just yet.

Dealership took a look and it seems as though it was just the spark plugs. They moved the coil pack for me, so I can see if the misfire follows with techstream, but for now the issue appears to be resolved and no check engine light *fingers crossed*. Thanks for the replies guys.

Did the plugs solve your issue or did you have to replace packs as well. I have been through three #8 coil packs in a year.

i've gone through a few as well, now I carry an extra in the truck just in case.

I have not checked the code yet. Went bad on the wife tonight. I was at the Bayleaf in intramuros working.

I have a new set of Denso plugs to drop in but only one coil pack left and we need to be in Tarlac this weekend for an event we organized. I am not sure I can just duck into the Toyota dealer here for a coil pack for the UZJ. The dealers can be difficult here as you may well know.

I haven't had a check light since then, and techstream says it's good to go. That was May of last year. HiH happened after that and another two big trips, so I'd say its good. I'd be a fool to not admit that I'm on borrowed time tho, but to answer your question it did resolve the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom