A hell of a guy. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ghostrider I

I wear many "heads" as I have many vehicles.
Threads
Today, I had the pleasure of meeting JohnV as he did the Hella horns and half of my hood struts half because the right one needs to be bent to fit on my HDJ 80. I have to say, that I go by the philosophy first impressions mean a lot. Well, JohnV sure as hell did. No pretention, just a great guy. Explained everything that he was doing, even brought out some four year old cloth conduit that he had to protect the harness that he created!! :rofl:

He gave me a rundown of club members, and I can honestly say I am truly looking forward to meeting many of you, unfortunately my work schedule prevents me from attending Uwharrie, and if I could, I am a bit hesitant to take my HDJ 80, as I have no maintenance records on it, and I cannot read when the timing belt was replaced last. Although, I did have the oil, transfer case, diff fluid, clutch and brake fluid, power steering, and coolant replaced last week.

Speaking of which, any of you willing to aid me in doing it? I cannot do it in my apartment complex, and my new house (close sometime in December), the garage is yet to be set up for work. Of course, I will have to source the belt, tensioner(?), water pump(?), thermostat(?) which I am assuming is the service. Can I rely on Town and Country on South Blvd in Charlotte for these parts? If not, I am sure that someone will chime in with a source the parts.

I do plan on paying it forward to him, and I am sure that I can get his assistance again when needed. I just hope that next time when I am backing out, rather UP his driveway, that I don't smell my clutch. Yes, he has one hell of a steep driveway, but down below are his 40, 80, and Lexus "Cruiser." so it is worth it. Cheers to you JohnV:beer::cheers:

He will do something to make you think he is a complete a$$hole after this.

He will do something to make you think he is a complete a$$hole after this.
What's going on with the grill? I have a decent OEM 80 alloy wheel, maybe we can swap?

What's going on with the grill? I have a decent OEM 80 alloy wheel, maybe we can swap?
I guess john vee told you about my weaknes!!! I dont like the guy already. Grill is here i found a gold one today.

Well, do you want to swap a wheel for the grill? I don't need it, since I went to steelies and BFG K02's.

Oh, that's right.... you don't like me either, since I have a Diesel five speed 80. LOL:rofl:

WOW! A post of love has turned into so much talk of hate so rapidly. My work here is done.

Yes, I said "post of love". :rofl:

And, I'm honored to have such kind words written about me, especially by a guy who got firsthand experience of how I can take 3 hours to do a 45 minute job.

I got the grill. I really dont need a wheel i sold the ones i got. I am open tomorrow if you are or friday.

And ur cruise is manual. Who will like that?

Roxx... hit me up with your address

WOW! A post of love has turned into so much talk of hate so rapidly. My work here is done.

And, I'm honored to have such kind words written about me, especially by a guy who got firsthand experience of how I can take 3 hours to do a 45 minute job.
Yeah, but the conversation was worth it.

Got your new avatar right here
777f0b1c314f30d319806f5c8b61091b.jpg

**wonders what JohnVee would look like with a flat top while in black face**

JV is an hour from dropping by my house ..... it's going to be hard not to laugh. And stare. And laugh some more.

I do plan on paying it forward to him, and I am sure that I can get his assistance again when needed. I just hope that next time when I am backing out, rather UP his driveway, that I don't smell my clutch. Yes, he has one hell of a steep driveway, but down below are his 40, 80, and Lexus "Cruiser." so it is worth it. Cheers to you JohnV:beer::cheers:

4WL makes steep driveways like his a cake walk . My sisters old house was the same way and when I parked my yota truck in her driveway I only had about 2 inches from the bumper to her garage door.

Noted, lt1fire. I will do that next time.

**wonders what JohnVee would look like with a flat top while in black face**

Can't really help with the black face but I did find this picture of him hanging in the hood.

upload_2017-11-30_12-44-7.png

Lol.... what a lovely post... I must add JV has done a few good things for me as well. As good as a friend can get..... we love you JOHN V.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom