A different 2F Oil pan baffle question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I searched for other threads, but didn't find what I was looking for. I know that the newer oil pump with the pick up in the casting interferes with the early 2F pan baffles. My question isn't about modification of that baffle, it's about removal...

The pan that is on my 2F doesn't have that middle baffle at all. At some point during its life, a PO removed it entirely (spots welds are still visible). The horizontal baffle at the front and the vertical one by the drain plug are both still there. Just the middle one is missing.

Aside from oil sloshing farther forward on steep descents (which may uncover the pickup screen in extreme circumstances), is there any reason I can't use the pan with that baffle removed? I'm building a general overlanding / weekend trail or beach cruiser rig....nothing extreme is planned for it.

Thoughts from the group???

I can't imagine any negative effect. If this was a race motor, maybe, but not a 2F. Since the 2F holds over 8 qts. of oil, that would seem to reduce the likelihood of oil starvation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom