A/C Drain location (Photo request)...drip under glovebox at carwash! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mine dripped like that. I don't think the gasket is necessarily the issue, but replacing it might fix the symptom. I think the factory screws just don't hold tight in the plastic of the housing after a couple decades. I replaced all the factory screws with some very slightly larger cap-head stainless sheet metal screws (can't remember the size) after I misplaced a couple of the originals. Those pulled a lot tighter than the old factory screws, and sealed the drip right up.

I need to order this part and do it as well.

Hi,
have you ordered it yet, and is it similar on the LX470?

Sorry to resurrect this thread again, but yes, the part is the same on the LX470. I did mine today. Takes some finagaling to get the rubber piece to fit into the slot. I'd recommend removing your glove box to give yourself more space to work.

I'm going to tackle this today, thanks for the insights everyone.

good thread i have a little drip when running AC and always womdered why... add this to the to list.

Can confirm, it is the little gasket at the bottom of the housing. I think it was like $11ish from Toyota. Easy fix. I replaced my gasket a few months back after a small leak with the a/c running on a humid Dallas day. Replaced the gasket, no more leak.

I have the same drip from my firewall to the exterior. No leak at interior.Going to replace this piece too on an LX. It actually caused some damage to a line( i think this is rear a/c line?) So ill have to clean it up. Whats best to address this? Clean with wire brush, prime and paint?
20200725_184429.jpg

Be careful with the wire brush on there, you might inadvertently cause a refrigerant leak.

ac lines will be aluminum, that may be a ahc line
As best I could tell it wasn't ahc but I will triple check. I the ahc at this location appears to be shrouded in a foam covering. If you don't rec a wire brush should I just scrub with a sponge then prime and paint?

ahc is typically a bare line, usually the ac lines have a foam insulation around them
Your right it's ahc. It's in good shape though I lightly scrubbed it and will rustoliem it shortly.

if you can pop it out of the line holder as rust and crust can form on the line where its in the holder, its pretty common to see that on the brake lines of cars in rust prone areas

Interestingly, part number 88578-47040 "does not fit your 2007 Land Cruiser" according to McGeorge. It fits various Solara's and Priuses. Anyone know what the deal is with that?

I replaced this gasket(after interior drip which I think was actually because my a/c condensate extenesion line at the exterior was a bit kinked) and the a/c seems to run significantly louder when on full blast or high 60s. Maybe I didn't notice before but this seems odd. Anyone exp. this?

I replaced this gasket(after interior drip which I think was actually because my a/c condensate extenesion line at the exterior was a bit kinked) and the a/c seems to run significantly louder when on full blast or high 60s. Maybe I didn't notice before but this seems odd. Anyone exp. this?

louder in volume behind the glovebox area, or louder as in more volume of air so you are hearing it now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom