Events/Trails 9th Annual 100s in the Hills *SILVERTON COLORADO* July 24-29 2019 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Denver folks..... I've already made one trip to Silverton to drop off some HIH stuff. After a Costco run this morning (we're providing soda/juice for the kids) my 100 is packed tight and I'm running out of room.

I'm planning on taking the Blue Mesa Cutoff and heading up towards Pole Creek to see if it's cross-able, then all the way over Stony Pass to check conditions there. I'd like to be a little lighter than I am with all this soda and raffle prizes.

Is anyone able to shuttle a few things with them? I'm planning on leaving mid-day tomorrow and can drop a few things off if you have some room.
I can help. I'm solo and have lots of room. I'm on the westside of town...Wheat Ridge/ Golden.

Last edited:
Is there an award for lightest packing? If so, I don’t think we will be in contention!

View attachment 2034591

Just think, a few short years ago I could fit the entire contents for a week long hiking/camping trip into my backpack!
It's amazing how much stuff and space is required when you have tiny humans with you. My teenagers now pack their own crap (with help from a list). It's kind of nice only worrying about what I need to bring.

We are leaving Lafayette, La now. Two nights in Irving than two nights in Albuquerque. Safe travels everyone.
Don't leave anything valuable or even kind of cheap looking in your vehicle when you're stopped in Albuquerque.

If anyone is passing through Albuquerque in the next few days and has questions or needs help. Send me a message. I'll be here until Wed. morning.

Denver folks..... I've already made one trip to Silverton to drop off some HIH stuff. After a Costco run this morning (we're providing soda/juice for the kids) my 100 is packed tight and I'm running out of room.

I'm planning on taking the Blue Mesa Cutoff and heading up towards Pole Creek to see if it's cross-able, then all the way over Stony Pass to check conditions there. I'd like to be a little lighter than I am with all this soda and raffle prizes.

Is anyone able to shuttle a few things with them? I'm planning on leaving mid-day tomorrow and can drop a few things off if you have some room.
@paflytyer Stan, we can handle some more in our trailer. Our plan is to be on the road by about 1:00 tomorrow. I’m near the zoo.

Im not leaving until 10ish on Wednesdauday, but I’m solo so I have room. I’m in castle rock if you coming this far south. Happy to help.

Last edited:
@paflytyer
I am by myself and can take some stuff to Silverton. I am around all day today and tomorrow. I will be leaving for Silverton early Wednesday.

Edit: forgot to add that I am in Highlands Ranch

Had a good prep day today. Checked preload and got nice tight snap rings on my axles. Gonna replace sway bar bushings along with new TT links and put it coil spacers on M/T to get rake back. A little last minute, but I love deadlines and remaining items aren't complicated or critical. If I find time I will try to fix my PS window and put a large hole in my fender. Also gotta pack and get some food/beer prepped.

Made it to the KOA in Tucumcari! Heard a pop a few miles west of Amarillo. 10 minutes later we though we smelled beer. I had the A/C on outside air and chalked it up that being the smell. Get to the KOA and open the back of truck to find out that one of the cans in the 12 pack of local beer had popped! Going to smell super good for the rest of the trip! Headed to Durango tomorrow and hopefully we can get in some fishing!

I got my tow rig and trailer all checked and ready today for the trip out. I know my brother Guardcompany has his rig ready to pull on the trailer. See you all Wednesday.

35196BDF-68A0-4750-AA50-F6EFF897A059.jpeg

I got my tow rig and trailer all checked and ready today for the trip out. I know my brother Guardcompany has his rig ready to pull on the trailer. See you all Wednesday.

View attachment 2035230

I’m spoiled this trip! Can’t wait to be on the road. Safe travels everyone.

Finally finished! These last two weeks have been so hectic trying to figure out what i need and what i don't. I guess it's part of being a first time camper and hih'er.
I tetris'd the crap out the car, pretty impressed with myself to be honest.

Hitting the road in 4 hours, i can't wait for the cooler weather!

View attachment 2034446
A few of us are meeting at the Phillips 66 by Bandimere Speedway (Morrisn Rd and 470) in Denver at 8:30a on Wednesday, Gas up then go. From there we'll take Hwy 285 to 50 to 149 to Lake City and Cinnamon Pass. Along the way, we'll stop for lunch in Gunnison.

If Cinnamon Pass is still closed, f'd, too long a route with detours, etc... we'll take Hwy 285 to 50 to 550. Look for us... we'll have the CB's running (don't have a channel chosen, yet).

Is anyone from Rhino Rack going to be there this year? I want to talk about mounting my solar panel to my Pioneer Platform and other accessories.

Tony at Rhino Rack said he wasn't going to miss it when I talked to him at Overland Expo.

2 weeks ago he just had his first child. So I don't know what the status will be.

If you'd like your more than welcome to come check out my Rhino Rack pioneer platform and see how I've mounted all of the gear including a solar panel. I've ran their stuff for many years and have worked with them at shows off and on.

Wisconsin is rolling........

Trails, no trails, we are coming. So grateful to the HIH folks for the excuse to "leave this world for awhile" (Tom Petty)

Take my money, keep my money, take more money if you need it.

Beer...check.... cheese curds... check....... Let's go places.

rolling.jpg

Tony at Rhino Rack said he wasn't going to miss it when I talked to him at Overland Expo.

2 weeks ago he just had his first child. So I don't know what the status will be.

If you'd like your more than welcome to come check out my Rhino Rack pioneer platform and see how I've mounted all of the gear including a solar panel. I've ran their stuff for many years and have worked with them at shows off and on.

That would be great!

Does anybody have and use a cell signal booster? I know this is a vacation and we need to get away from technology, but even sitting here in Tucumcari, NM right off of I-40 I only have two bars. It’s my carrier (ATT) I know, but that can’t change. I was thinking about trying to find something in Santa Fe or Durango today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom