99 rolled. Advise? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, my GF rolled my much loved 99.... I have State Farm full coverage but do not know what to expect. ARB bumper, aftermarket stereo, cloth interior, excellent shape. 200k. I have owned for a long time and know how hard it is to replace. I have spent $$$ on preventive mx. CA car no rust. Its not super bad, front fender dented, rear liftgate dented, small dents on doors, small dents on rear quarter panel and small dent on roof. Im not sure if it will be totaled. I hope not.

Has anybody had theirs totaled? Any advise?

landcruiser1.jpg

landcruiser2.jpg

Other pics

landcruiser3.jpg

landcruiser4.jpg

landcruiser5.jpg

landcruiser6.jpg

I drive an 80, but my experience with insurance companies has been that if the roof is bent that usually means totaled. Once a vehicle goes wheels up for any reason, insurance companies aren't so hip to repair.

Well your gf totaled your 100. Have a moment of silence for the old gal.

You have a lot of $$$ in repair there. Roof rr/ rf fender rr/ rt 1/4 panel rr. Then paint and then blending work for all the new painted parts to match. She gone!

Well your gf totaled your 100. Have a moment of silence for the old gal.
LOL. I had to read this twice to make sure you were talking about the 100 and not the girlfriend. Actually I'm still not sure...

Thanks guys. GF is 35 shes ok. Just sore.

Totaled.
Keep working State Farm for a great offer.

Sorry to hear about your loss! Thats one reason I'm typically hesitant to let the GF drive the 100. If i wreck it, I can deal with it. If she does, it would be harder to deal with.

Do insurance companies payout for added things like the ARB, or will they just offer you book value?

Sorry man, glad she is okay. I think it faired well for a full roll over. Doesn't mean it isn't driveable but yeah, they'll total that. Did the airbags deploy? This is when you need to really work through your agent, remember the insurance wants to pay out as little as possible. This is one reason I do a build thread so I can document, work, mods, maintenance etc.

Sorry man, it sucks to see a good truck go... but if it kept your loved ones safe, then it is a good trade.

Airbags did not go off. It went off road sideways. My local agent basically told me its out of her hands. The claims people have been nice but I guess tomorrow I will have an idea of whether its totaled. Which probably is the case.

Its crazy.... I have an unnatural connection to this car.

BTW brand new Nokian Hak LT studded tires....

could make for a fun trail rocket. sorry for your loss, OP. glad your GF made it out ok!

Damn, that sucks. Glad the girlfriend is ok though.

Glad you guys are okay. Once word of advice, if you haven't yet let them tow it away, have it towed to your house first. Remove anything you want to keep, preferably replace with the stock parts if possible so it's not fraudulent. Too many people lose their asses on mods and PM by letting it get towed straight to the wrecking yard. I would ALWAYS have it brought home and go through it myself before handing the vehicle over. Sometimes it can be difficult to get your insurance company to cover mods, and PM parts would never be covered. FWIW, good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom