93-94 VAF rebuild serivces ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any suggestions for a company that rebuilds the VAF for the 93 and 94 LC

I found this guy off E.
REPAIR SERVICE 93-94 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER MAF MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR REPAIR SERVICE | eBay
eBay item number: 322406860179
"US $99.95
I AM NOT SELLING AN AIRFLOW METER IN THIS LISTING
THIS LISTING IS FOR THE REPAIR SERVICE OF YOUR OLD TIRED AIRFLOW METER. SEND ME YOUR ORIIGINAL MAF AND YOU WILL GET BACK A NICE REFURBISHED MAF FOR YOUR TOYOTA LAND CRUISER IN EXCELLENT CONDITION WITH A 1 YEAR WARRANTY! ONCE RECEIVED IT USUALLY TAKES 1-3 BUSINESS DAYS, DEPENDING ON MY WORK LOAD, TO GET IT BACK IN THE MAIL TO YOU. SEND TO:

PULLINPARTS4YA, 825 NEILSON ST, AIKEN, SC 29803"

Last edited:
id be somewhat concerned he states MAF in his listing instead of the 93/4 VAF. worth verifying before pursuing.
There was a posting recently about someone offering VAF repairs or remans in case you removed the two screws

Doesn't indicate specifically what components are repaired, refurbished or replaced, not using correct terminology indicates to me you won't get much more than a fresh coat of paint and might not get your same unit back.

id be somewhat concerned he states MAF in his listing instead of the 93/4 VAF. worth verifying before pursuing.
There was a posting recently about someone offering VAF repairs or remans in case you removed the two screws
Let me guess, since I've never worked on my trucks VAF before, but it sounds like if you "remove those two screws" something bad will happen. So can you tell us what bad thing happens when you "remove those two screws" so i don't make a bad mistake.

all i can tell you is dont remove the screws..... what happens is you break the VAF (soldered joints i believe)
Cant be much more help as I have the 95 with MAF....... just seen it repeated time and time again here

Let me guess, since I've never worked on my trucks VAF before, but it sounds like if you "remove those two screws" something bad will happen. So can you tell us what bad thing happens when you "remove those two screws" so i don't make a bad mistake.
There is a clip/wire/thingyclasp that goes around the housing you remove to unplug it. There are 2 screws VERY nearby (and the clip/thingy isn't obvious), so many have removed the 2 screws and pulled the connector out, which is actually solderied to a board inside the sealed case. Some have been able to repair, some not so much.

all i can tell you is dont remove the screws..... what happens is you break the VAF (soldered joints i believe)
Cant be much more help as I have the 95 with MAF....... just seen it repeated time and time again here

There is a clip/wire/thingyclasp that goes around the housing you remove to unplug it. There are 2 screws VERY nearby (and the clip/thingy isn't obvious), so many have removed the 2 screws and pulled the connector out, which is actually solderied to a board inside the sealed case. Some have been able to repair, some not so much.
Thank you both, for saving me from making what I'm sure would be an expensive mistake.

Any suggestions for a company that rebuilds the VAF for the 93 and 94 LC

I found this guy off E.
REPAIR SERVICE 93-94 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER MAF MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR REPAIR SERVICE | eBay
eBay item number: 322406860179
"US $99.95
I AM NOT SELLING AN AIRFLOW METER IN THIS LISTING
THIS LISTING IS FOR THE REPAIR SERVICE OF YOUR OLD TIRED AIRFLOW METER. SEND ME YOUR ORIIGINAL MAF AND YOU WILL GET BACK A NICE REFURBISHED MAF FOR YOUR TOYOTA LAND CRUISER IN EXCELLENT CONDITION WITH A 1 YEAR WARRANTY! ONCE RECEIVED IT USUALLY TAKES 1-3 BUSINESS DAYS, DEPENDING ON MY WORK LOAD, TO GET IT BACK IN THE MAIL TO YOU. SEND TO:

PULLINPARTS4YA, 825 NEILSON ST, AIKEN, SC 29803"
I bought one he had for sale works good. Pick parts for you. There's videos on YouTube an one in Australia of a previa show how clean. The contacts on terminals to board aren't soldered on some. An the contacts rotate on a contact on a chip. It's nothing more then a large potemter gives restance values. Got b careful doing job an there's guys who fix them when screws come out. Cardone will do it for you. I wouldn't let it leave my sight. Discontinued part an gold. None in Japan or other markets an evry yard is depleted it seems. I spoke split sec on maf conversion but can't get over there. I'm n collage doing solid works. Not hard to machine a housing. An thought about camary air box temp thermister the rest is o 5 converting volts using a maf chip is needed. Pilot Russia has one . There Miller performance he does bmw. I want a to-do simple plug an play epoxy seeld chip n houseing with dense maf from taco Fj cruiser. The Mr2 has same good luck on that.an theres fool on eBay holding out 1700. Has 5 new ones. Pair Reed discontinued. The dmv won't pass me eathi er said find one they take pics here n Phoenix. Don't throw it away no matter what. Oh there a on internet ecu repair places that do bad forgot. Don't give up 80 series he strong demand an proven track record. I'm burnt did whole engine tyranny all systems new I have 18 easy n it

Air flow meter vaf repair under ecu repair internet I have spell checker

Was thinking to myself rambling texting also check Australia for use ones if needex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom