91-97 Land Cruiser Color Chart and Photos (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well? What about us folks with two-tone paint jobs? I'm still waiting...

It's a '92 with silver top/red bottom.

Caldwell Toyota (NJ) tells me it's "Classic Silver" w/ "Salsa Red"... but your chart says otherwise.

But I've already caught Caldwell Toyota lying to me (or being extremely stupid), so if I had to bet ca$h, I'd bet you guys are right.

Btw, somebody (hubby's best friend of 56 years) just sent me a diecast model of my cruiser. :grinpimp:
It's a 9- or 10-inch model of the '92 FJ80, in silver/red two-tone paint, and it looks just like mine!
(only diff is that it's marked on it's quarter panels with "VX Limited" and "turbo" - mine's not, and it's neither a VX Ltd nor a turbo --- and --- the model says "Four Wheel Drive" on the front doors (driver & pass), and mine only says "AWD", on the rear.)

Still -- it's a kinda cool present. :cool:

Dunno if he got it in Utah (where he lives), or ... ?????

Hey... :idea: Wonder if, after I give my crusier it's suspension lift, if I can lift the model cruiser to match? :idea: lol

waiting for what? at post 23-25 there is a discussion. silver up and red down was an authentic 91-92 toyota colour. for paint details I would contact cruiserdan. If you are very nice he might even pull the dealer spec sheet on the truck and give you the original paint codes

Oops... sorry. Too many posts, thought I read 'em all, must've missed one (or a few??)... :eek:

Thanks.

I'd like to know... but I don't suppose it's worth bothering Dan for. I'd rather not take advantage of his kindness, really.
At least, not until I'm ready to paint it...
(and even then - it's gonna be whatever the body shop has/has access to that's closest to what it is.)

Besides, I just remembered something... Something I'd long-ago forgotten. On the VIN of my '80 Olds Cutlass Brougham, there's a portion of that number (the VIN) that tells the original GM color code. I've had it repainted it's original deep blue color (kind of a blueberry color)
I've had it repainted a few times (2 or 3??). I'm pretty sure that's where I've been told they got the original paint color code number from.

Maybe Toyota does (or did) the same thing?

it might be on the door panel sticker somewhere.

Maybe Toyota does (or did) the same thing?

Stephanie, sweetheart, you are completely wearing me out. We *really* don't need your every thought translated to a multi-colored variety of fonts. Least not here in Tech.

Toyota puts the original paint code, interior trim color code, axle code, and transmission code on the white sticker inside the driver's door. This information is not coded in the VIN.

-B-

Blue Mica 1997 40th Anniversary!
Tyres.jpg

OK guys, I figured out a good way to add two-tone schemes to the chart... I just need people to look on the production label in the driver's door jamb and tell me the color code for their truck AND the model year (or production date from that same label).

The color code is three characters and is immediately after the title C/TR or Color/Trim. It usually starts with the number 2.

Also, the page URL change to:
http://www.toyotareference.com

And once again I am not getting email notifications from this site, so sorry if I am not promptly replying. Grrrrr.

Your last picture for the colors on this page is wrong.

Toyota Reference Gallery: Toyota Landcruiser in Moonglow Pearl (1A6)

The last truck is "Sage" (1B2, 40th only color)

You have my truck under the 1A5 color (Desert Dune.) My truck is a tu-tone (1A5/1A6) known as 2AB

-B-

Last edited:
Your last picture for the colors on this page is wrong.

Toyota Reference Gallery: Toyota Landcruiser in Moonglow Pearl (1A6)

The last truck is "Sage" (1B2, 40th only color)

Thanks for the heads up... I moved the image to the Sage page.

You have my truck under the 1A5 color (Desert Dune.) My truck is a tu-tone (1A5/1A6) known as 2AB

I added 2AB to the chart with its own two-tone listing. So my next question is: were Desert Dune and Moonglow Pearl also available as stand-alone colors in 1997 or should I remove the individual colors from the chart in that year?

Hey, Scionlife--I've just gotten in the oofeeshul Toyota body repair manual for 1990 thru 2002. There are a bunch of charts in there listing all the different paint schemes, and what the paint codes correspond to for cross-reference to all the paint manufacturers. If you're interested, I can throw the thing on the scanner, and send you copies to refer to. I'll have to look at the copyright data, in order to see if it is.

This manual is only available in print, not on the Techinfo site in digital format. Also has all the body dimensions for the 80-series vehicles. Interesting reference to have on hand...

I'll .pdf those, and send them on. Strictly for informational purposes...:)

And, y'all who are hating on the 6M1 color code... Just remember, if CDan is getting out the needle, how likely is he to stick it into an LC doll that shares his own baby's color? I'm thinking even a voodoun of CDan's caliber would hesitate, in case the spirits miss, and smite his own truck down with whatever doom he was going to visit upon yours...

In other words, owning a 6M1 is just good common sense--camouflage, as it were...

...but both were strictly SE region add-ons so he is pretty much out of luck. Strange.

Yeah, lots of things we assume are factory are actually dealer.

Running boards and leather upholstery being two biggies.

I used to work for Nissan, for example, and their autos never come with pinstriping. Any pinstriping you see on any Nissan is a dealer option.

Weird, huh?

So my next question is: were Desert Dune and Moonglow Pearl also available as stand-alone colors in 1997 or should I remove the individual colors from the chart in that year?

Moonglow Pearl (1A6) was available as a solid color in all years.

I have seen solid Desert Dune (1A5) in other model years but never in a 1997. Basically, my answer is "I don't know about 1997."

-B-

Real Cruiserheads drive 6M1.

Nice work, I dont know if I missed it, But what of the Green/silver combo?
I know mine is a respray but I have seen about 5 80 series locally.
Thanks

If someone can get the color code for this combo, and the years, then I can add it to the chart.

Also, does anyone have a US brochure for any Land Cruiser years? That would be a great addition to the page!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom