‘89 V6 Auto neutral/park switch bypass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

joseywales

Renaissance Redneck
Threads
My ‘Runner has decided to suddenly not want to crank. I’m 90% sure after some time with the trusty voltage tester that it’s likely the n/p switch. Does anyone have a FSM or link to wiring diagram so I can jump those wires to test?

Thanks for the link, but there is nothing there to do with ‘89 4Runners.

all I could find and I think it's for a 4cyl 88 4runner, may be the same trans though

at.png

Jump it at the transmission.

This is pretty simple.

Neutral Start.jpg

Thanks guys, Gnob emailed me a bunch of diagrams. I’ve jumped the switch wires but still no crank. I can’t actually find the switch at the transmission. It should be right above the shift lever on the p-side, but it’s not there that I can see. I’m semi-baffled.

In the end it turns out the contacts in one of the relays behind the dash on passenger side (by stereo speaker) had gotten funky. I ended up getting a friends mobile mechanic to drop by and he had it going in about 30 mins. It would have taken me a long assed time to figure that out. It cranks over almost instantaneously now, and better than it ever has, so I’m guessing it has been making less and less contact over time. Easy fixes are the best fixes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom