87 FJ60 - Winshield wiper park switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,
I just added a 87 FJ60 to the fleet. It's awesome! I love it! There are some minor issues with it, but nothing a little TLC can't fix. One of the issues is, on occasion, the windshield wipers won't park. This is intermittent. Sometimes they work flawlessly, and other times, high works, low works, intermittent is the same as low and stays on, and when I shut them off, they stay on low. I have searched and found a few threads that are on the wipers, but usually the threads are that they don't work at all, or they aren't in sync, or I found a cool one on how to change the timing on the intermittent. But nothing on them not turning off. Do you guys know if the park is run through the intermittent relay, or is the park on a switch in the motor. Anyone have experience fixing this?
Thanks!

and here's a pic of my new toy!

At Home.JPG

I have a '90 62 and have the same issue...They won't stop going unless I shut the engine off while the wiper switch is in "off"....any help on this would be much appreciated.

I haven't fixed mine yet, but I did pull the relay, and now I can control the wipers. They don't self park, I have to time it to turn them off when they are in the down position. I am pretty sure it's my relay, which I've read they are sealed and non repairable, so you have to buy one that works, and they are no longer available by Toyota. You might find one at Napa or Oreilly's, I haven't checked. But I would start by pulling the relay and see if you can control them. Then search on this forum for the relay wiper test and see if yours passes the ohm test. Mine didn't. Which is why I think it's the relay.

I had the same issue on my '88 FJ62. Would not park, intermittent operated as if it was low speed wiper.
Chased a few relays with no success.
Turns out it is a relatively common issue which is caused by the wiper motor itself.
Replaced wiper motor and everything is fine now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom