87 Ext Cab 22RE 4wd- very little rust - 200k- busted auto trans. worth the trouble? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i found a pretty decent 87 but like the title says the auto trans is gone. i don't know if its worth putting money in the auto, or doing a swap, but i have an 85 22re 5 speed truck so as a parts truck so i guess that eliminates not only the tranny but also the tcase compatibility if looking at it as a parts truck . question is this... is it worth the trouble of putting in a trans and t-case from a newer year model auto, or a stick model, or just keeping what is compatable as a parts truck?? guy wants $1000 for the truck. thanks for any quick responses.... i'm on the fence.

If you're going to flip it, what's the market for that truck (with an auto tranny) in your area? Are the body and engine worth $1K?

i found a pretty decent 87 but like the title says the auto trans is gone. i don't know if its worth putting money in the auto, or doing a swap, but i have an 85 22re 5 speed truck so as a parts truck so i guess that eliminates not only the tranny but also the tcase compatibility if looking at it as a parts truck . question is this... is it worth the trouble of putting in a trans and t-case from a newer year model auto, or a stick model, or just keeping what is compatable as a parts truck?? guy wants $1000 for the truck. thanks for any quick responses.... i'm on the fence.

You got any pictures?

FWIW i decided to pass. body ok, engine good, not much else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom