'84 Xtra cab with Flippac (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Riverrunner

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.summitautotransport.com
It all started when I found a used Flippac for a ridiculous price local in Colorado. It didn't fit my Dodge so I went searching for the best thing I could think of without breaking the bank! Its an '84 Extra cab SR5 short bed with 250k. I think the bed may be from a previous year since the lines don't match up great. Flippac fits perfect and truck handled the weight like a dream. Girlfriend hates it so you know its a good purchase. Unfortunately, I don't have any info on the Flippac since the guy I got it from bought it at a DEA auction here in Colorado for $50. Couple blemishes, but I couldn't beat the price. Excited to make it my own!
IMG_20180803_115728.jpg
IMG_20180803_111948.jpg
IMG_20180803_104820.jpg
IMG_20180802_151626.jpg

Bed looks to be off of a first gen or two wheel drive

1st Gen I think. 2wd of this era would have the wider tail lights and the "TOYOTA" on the tailgate would not be raised letters. Just from what I think I remember. Either way, looks like a decent solid body!

1st gen bed 79-80
That roof tent is kewl. Wish i could buy a tent and then a truck to fit it. Lol
What's the difference between 79-80 and 81-83?

OP, nice score on the flip pac and the CO truck.
Lots of folks would kill for a clean first gen bed.
Let me know if you ever find a solid 2nd gen bed and want to get rid of the one you have.

How's the truck run?

What's the difference between 79-80 and 81-83?

OP, nice score on the flip pac and the CO truck.
Lots of folks would kill for a clean first gen bed.
Let me know if you ever find a solid 2nd gen bed and want to get rid of the one you have.

How's the truck run?

Thanks, man. I'll let you know if I decide to switch back to the original bed, but I do really like the latches and tie downs on this one. Truck runs great! I have maintenance history going all the way back to the purchase date. Even have the original service book from Stevinson Toyota. Truck is currently at the shop getting baselined and the e-brake fixed. Should be out on the road in the next week or so.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom