84 FJ60 Resto, (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh yeah, I got my series 97 rockcrawlers ordered too. I still need to find a local shop that has/can get 33x10.50r15 BFG AT's. . .every shop so far says they can't get them?? If not, looks like I'll be going with the MT's.

:cheers:[/quote]

tire rack Compare Tire Search Resultshas them but they are on back order. i have purchased tires from them before have good prices and can get most things.

That frame is soo clean! Good Job! :beer:

That engine is sweet as well.

That frame is soo clean! Good Job! :beer:

That engine is sweet as well.

Thanks man! I'll have to make some more pics of the engine, I've got the intake glass bead blasted, the new valve covers, and oil pan on. ;)

I'll post more pics tomorrow; hopefully I'll have the chassis all back together. :hmm:

Man, I'd love to have that shop and your talent, maybe one day when I'm done working I'll learn just for fun. Looks good!

Pics of some chassis progress from last night. I was only able to work on the cruiser for a couple hours last night because I am also working on a 46 chevy pickup chassis for a friend.

Picture%20119.jpg

Picture%20121.jpg

Picture%20129.jpg

Picture%20131.jpg

Picture%20125.jpg

:beer:

everything looks awesome. great job

Question about the front windshield hood cowling

I see you have everything apart, particularly the front fenders. How does the hood cowl just below the windshield attach? Mine is rusting out and could use a patch/repair. Is it integral to the main body or does it unbolt? Do the front fenders need to come off first as you have done? Could you take a picture?

Thanks!

BTW, looks great! Awesome shop, I'm jealous. :cheers:

Fantastic job. I am envious of your workspace and skills. Should be beautiful when you are done.

Great work man! It looks like you and I Are in the same boat on this sort of project. I also have an 84 fj60 I wish to restore. Although I will doing my work outdoors (no garge:(). I think I have the same original color as your vehicle. Are you going to repaint the body? If so what color are you thinking of using. I'm thinking about using that black shell for the body on mine. I have a long way to go before that step though. I can't believe how much progress you have made. You are making it look way to easy.. Keep it up :)

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

I got the front axle back together last night (minus calipers that are in dire need of new piston boots) and am going to get my wheels/tires mounted after work today. I am getting pretty stoked. It's the milestones like getting the chassis back together that re-energize me! Now I can't wait to build the TBI harness and get the rest of the powertrain back installed.

wow, id love to be able to do that to my truck. i cant even get out of my truck in my garage uless i leave the tailgate open :p

Pictures with the meats fitted up. I know it's only short term, but I wanted to see what she looked like. i still have to finish the rear brakes and get the front hubs installed (neither local NAPA has a 54mm or 2 1/8 socket, WTF?)

Picture%20132.jpg

Picture%20134.jpg

Picture%20137.jpg

Picture%20139.jpg

I see you have everything apart, particularly the front fenders. How does the hood cowl just below the windshield attach? Mine is rusting out and could use a patch/repair. Is it integral to the main body or does it unbolt? Do the front fenders need to come off first as you have done? Could you take a picture?

Thanks!

BTW, looks great! Awesome shop, I'm jealous. :cheers:

I took a look at the cowl tonight, and it is integral to the cab (I was pretty sure it was, but had to check). If your rust is pretty localized, I would just cut it out and spot weld in a patch panel. Let me know if you need any pics.

Let me know when you are ready to sell it, or when you are going to do mine hahah Just kidding, looks great! I'm following this thread for sure. Good looking tires too!

You're not gonna cover that beautiful chassis with a body are you? :crybaby:

Excellent work throughout.............................

BTW..................just get reman 4runner calipers, they work better and require minor trimming of the shield to fit...............

It's sooo clean. drool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom