1000cc Golf Cart (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know this is a bit off topic . . . but I figured you guys would be able to appreciate this! (hope I got it in the right forum :confused:)

A buddy of mine owns a golf cart business here in Southern Indiana. I have been building roll cages and doing fabrication for him for the past year or so. One night while BS'ing I opened my fat mouth and said that he needed a golf cart to do advertising/marketing with. . .of course, the first thing I thought was that it would be cool to stuff a 1000cc engine in a cart ;). A week later he drops off the cart and the engine :doh:. Hope you guys enjoy the pics:

Started as a mild mannered Yamaha cart:
IMG_1831.JPG

IMG_1835.JPG

First things first; had to get the old engine, axle, & swingarm out:
IMG_1841.JPG

Out with the old:
IMG_1843.JPG

And, in with the new:

IMG_1847.JPG

I started mocking of the chassis. I'm building a custom tubular frame. I'm building custom trailing arms & will be running Porsche 930 CV's/axles:
IMG_2087.JPG

IMG_2089.JPG

I'll post more pics as I make progress. :beer:

Next thing you know you all will be towing with the Toyota's and wheeling the carts like they are starting to do out here.
:popcorn: You really should see a doctor about this fab and power disease soon. ;p

That is so retarded that I need one. Very cool!!

Some more pics from this weekend -

IMG_2101.JPG

IMG_2102.JPG

IMG_2104.JPG

IMG_2105.JPG

IMG_2110.JPG

Changed directions on the rear frame. . .due to potential trailing arm clearance issues. Wheels should arrive this week, I'll post more pics as I make progress.

Brandon

:beer:

Excellent

I was beginning to think that everything to be discussed had already been discussed on ih8mud - then this post came along - cheers

Any updates?

bump:deadhorse:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom