80s Pistons help. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello there, Can someone please indicate if any of the following pistons will work if installed in my 80s 1FZ-FE?

Pn 13101-66050-02
Pn 13101-66040-01
Pn 13103-66020
Pn 13105-66021

I look forward to your reply,

Thanks in advance,

The first two are sized/marked pistons. To use those you would need to see if they correspond to the engine block/FSM matrix.

The 2nd two are oversized pistons themselves.

13103: .50mm over
13105: 1.0mm over

That said, the last two are not US-spec numbers. They are for 1FZ-FE's with carburetors from South America or the GCC.

Why do you want to use them when the US versions are available?

Beno,
Thanks for your prompt reply.

What's the price for all 6 U.S specs?

I ask because I found sets for all of them and wanted to know if it is worth to purchase.

Regards

Last edited:
Well it's worth what you think they are worth. That said, I have no idea if non-US pistons will work in a US block due to things like EFI vs. carbureted, emissions vs no emissions, etc.

IMO, it would be a gamble.

@burbuja96 do you have an FSM and have an understanding of how Toyota designated the piston sizes in your particular engine ? I guess I should say this, you can have several different sizes of piston in your motor. Also, why do you require new pistons, what happened to the ones that were in there ? The answers to these questions could help us steer you toward a more informed decision.

Very little knowledge about what pistons/motors to used in my engine and I do not need them right now, a deal came up 24 of them brand new $400 so I wanted to know if it was a good deal.

I did not get them, thanks to you and @beno for explaining.

Cheers.

Brand new OEM Toyota pistons or aftermarket (?Made in China) pistons?

Brand new OEM Toyota box all 24

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom