80 vs H3 trail off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Make sure you get an Oregon OHV pass if you end up going out to Browns Camp (Tillamook) wouldn't want you getting a ticket for something as dumb as that...and your Co. probably would not pay for that one :D

barrypt5

Dont worry about wrecking it, I totaled a jeep cherokee in Kauai because I um fell asleep and drove into a huge rock and slid 100 yards against a railing. The ps door wouldnt open and the ps front tire was blown, and toed in really bad. I changed the tire and limped it back to the airport and got a new car. I said the tire blew and caused me to hit the emankment. It was all good!

I have read many of your posts Landtank, and given that experience, I believe that you will be true to the fabric of your being and give an unbiased assessment of the truck. Snicker.

Karl

Do it!

HummerTwoWheels.JPG

I don't know what the trucks got for hardware. There is a dash button for 4hi, 4lo and 4lo with a padlock on it. That is probably just the center. I could probably break out the owners manual but that really isn't in my nature on anything I drive even if I own it.

X2 on the video. Especiallly with commentary...

Just hit Leif Erikson trail and terrorize the joggers.

Isn't an H3 just a Tahoe/Yukon frame and drivetrain with a Hummer body?

No, that's the H2.
The H3 looks like a Chevy Colorado frame and drive train with a Hummer body.

:beer:

I'm :popcorn: this thread but thought I'd add a little info of my own. Last week our wheeling club had some new people show up and one guy had a H3. It had a 2" lift on the front and 33" AT's. To it's credit it did every obstacle I did and made it up everything except the last hill. I made it with lockers. He could not although his rig had factory limited slips front and rear. The H3 did drag it's belly on a lot of rocks but it did better then I expected. I'm Toyota for life but it was cool to see someone abusing their H3 for a change. Here are pics for your viewing pleasure.

040608048.jpg

040608056.jpg

040608081.jpg

040608082.jpg

040608093.jpg

040608098.jpg

And some video of the last hill.

I would make a comment about the H3 articulation but I'm scared to get a thread started like the Discovery one.... :D

i'm actually excited to see/hear some objective feedback from a cruiserhead that has driven his cruiser off road and knows it's capabilities vs. a rig we all love to bash.

i'm actually excited to see/hear some objective feedback from a cruiserhead that has driven his cruiser off road and knows it's capabilities vs. a rig we all love to bash.

x2. I judge not as I'm only a wannabe wheeler, but so far, neither the H2 (a GMC Yukon in disguise, right?) nor the H3 have impressed me beyond Melrose Avenue's fashion district. ;)

I want to like the H3 but even Jeep has coil springs! I would take the 4dr Rubicon over the H3 but I like the H3 1000% better than the H2.
Curious about a Cruiserhead's impression, staying tuned...

I would make a comment about the H3 articulation but I'm scared to get a thread started like the Discovery one.... :D

I'll say it. The H3 has almost no articulation up front. The guy, whom I've come to know well now, admits it himself. He even brought a spare tie rod with ends along because he knows the H3's short comings. He owns a highly moded Jeep as well and knew what he was doing out there. My point is at least he uses it which says a lot. Would I buy one? No, for the same reason I won't buy an FJ. It's hard to see out of and doesn't serve MY purposes. Also, I bought my 80 with 87k miles for less then half the price of a new H3 or FJ. I owned a ZR2 Blazer years ago and it scared me on the trail. The 80 goes everywhere I want and it's fun.

Back on topic. Rick, you get that thing stuck yet? I'd be happy to come pull you out. It'll take me about 20 hours to get there but if you pay for my gas and food I'll do it for ya bud.:D

Rick, to be totally honest I can't picture you getting into that thing as tall as you are!:doh:

well a small set back. I had to order parts for the machine today and won't be out of there iuntil noon time at the latest.

But someone still needs to contact me if something can be setup. I'm looking for a good difficult trail for a stock vehicle. I have no intentions of driving it off a cliff for all your amusement.

so far:

there is no middle off position for the side view mirrors, if you happen to hit the pod one of them will move out of place.

The glass sucks, designed similar to the FJ Cruiser's but they left out the middle wipers up front and it rained today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom