80 Series Underdrive high range gears and 3:1 low range gears (1 Viewer)

Hello everyone. I’m running 40s on 5.29 nitro gears. Would you guys still recommend doing of this this to my transfer or just the low range ? Right bow my speedometer is perfect with the 40s and the 5.29 gear. Any Info is appreciated thx in advance

OTRAMM

Supporting Vendor
Hello everyone. I’m running 40s on 5.29 nitro gears. Would you guys still recommend doing of this this to my transfer or just the low range ? Right bow my speedometer is perfect with the 40s and the 5.29 gear. Any Info is appreciated thx in advance
You'd probably get more of a response in the 80 series section. I haven't driven that combo so I don't have much insight. I guess it really depends on whether or not you feel the need for more torque.

Road Apple

SILVER Star
Yes, the 80 section is the place to ask.

Some people, myself included, are running 37’s, 4.88’s, high range underdrive and low range gear reduction with good results on and off road. Highway speeds are still in the 75 mph range with no problem. 40’s, 5.29’s and t-case gears should have similar results, but I suggest asking your question in the 80 series tech section.

Last edited:
Thx guys you guys are all awesome really appreciate all the help I’m going to go ahead and do them. If somenor doesn’t mind posting a link to a website where I can do all this I would really appreciate it. You guys think it would be smart to do the part time spool kit fron Marlin crawler while at it ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom