80 series swing out tire carrier bumper (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Another picture swiped from his Photobucket. Not even close :meh:

20140918_181420_zpse9zdgttw.jpg

Sean- Any chance of a version that doesn't require cutting the rear cross member? I have an aversion to non reversible mods.:worms:

Any thought on this?

I'm also looking for an option that does not require to cut off the cross member.
Group buy???

Picked up my bumper from Sean last weekend and took it out to Death Valley. It held up perfectly with a full load of gas/water a 35" KM2 and hilift jack.

nWQYZcN.jpg

egKVdB6.jpg

wGek9rH.jpg

Bonus swing out on swing out action (by far the coolest feature yet):

3dDS8A8.jpg

Wish I could afford a setup like that. Looks great! Where in D.V. did you go?

Picked up my bumper from Sean last weekend and took it out to Death Valley. It held up perfectly with a full load of gas/water a 35" KM2 and hilift jack.

nWQYZcN.jpg

egKVdB6.jpg

wGek9rH.jpg

Bonus swing out on swing out action (by far the coolest feature yet):

3dDS8A8.jpg
I need this exact set-up! How much did it cost ya'?

I have a 2 of these bumpers coming back from powdercoating in the next few weeks in matte black, just like the one in the previous post #506, $2300 plus shipping.

I have a 2 of these bumpers coming back from powdercoating in the next few weeks in matte black, just like the one in the previous post #506, $2300 plus shipping.

Hey Sean,

What's the price for your single swing out with tire carrier?

Thanks,

Mike

I can build a single swingout tire carrier bumper for $1500, a dual swingout with bolt on 3 jerry can basket to either a swingarm or ladder for $2100, and $2300 for the swingout basket design. I have added a recessed dual pin trailer socket from now on unless requested otherwise.

USPS told me 70lbs was the limit on international shipments.

Here are a few pictures of the recessed socket, and a new swingarm design for those who do not need a ladder.

I am still trying to figure out a better holddown for the jerry cans, this time with diamond plate aluminum.

sean oct 2014 bumper pics 009.JPG

trailer socket 005.JPG

oct 2014 026.JPG

Right now I do not have any upgrades available for my old bumpers, most of the bumpers I have built in the past did have a hi-lift mount and a 3 jerrycan basket, but to change do a different style swingarm, or add something that the bumper did not come with originally will most likely involve some custom fabrication work of some kind.

Could any one get me a measurement of the inside of jerry can holder. Been looking at getting a nicer cooler and whould like it to fit in the jerry can holder. Thanks

20.75" x 14" But remember the corners are rounded off, so it's not a square 90 degree angle.

Hi Sean, How do I contact you about ordering one of your bumpers for my FJ80?

Sean (the bumper artist)

I am Interested in purchasing one of your bumpers. Please send me your contact info or call me to let me know how to proceed. Thank you!

Thanks!
Jim
562-233-841two

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom