80 Series Driveshaft Balancing in Atlanta (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

EPIC Cruisers

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.epiccruisers.com
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a recommended driveshaft shop that others have used to service their 80s driveshafts. I want to have both of my driveshafts checked for balance and re-balanced if needed. I'm replacing the u-joints and want to do it for peace of my mind even though I don't have any vibrations. I will be removing/installing the driveshaft and u-joints, so I only need the shop for balancing.

Thanks in advance!

I used Drive Shaft Services in Kennesaw recently for my 40 to shorten/lengthen the shafts but might be worth a call to see if they can just do balancing. Quick service, good prices.

Drive Shaft Services​

1395 Cobb Parkway North, Suite L, Marietta, Georgia 30062
(770) 427-4898

I used Drive Shaft Services in Kennesaw recently for my 40 to shorten/lengthen the shafts but might be worth a call to see if they can just do balancing. Quick service, good prices.

Drive Shaft Services​

1395 Cobb Parkway North, Suite L, Marietta, Georgia 30062
(770) 427-4898

Great thank you! I'll keep them in mind. I live in Decatur and work in Suwanee so I'm hoping to find something closer, but definitely not opposed to making the drive if it comes to it. Thanks again

Great thank you! I'll keep them in mind. I live in Decatur and work in Suwanee so I'm hoping to find something closer, but definitely not opposed to making the drive if it comes to it. Thanks again

Understand. I have utilized Drive Shaft Services many times over the years and have always been pleased with their work. They are not even 5 miles from the house, so I have an easy choice here.
Good luck at finding an equally good shop closer to you.

I recently ordered a new rear driveshaft from a local dealership for $350. Already balanced and includes u joints. Something to consider vs replacing and having balanced as those $$ add up.

These guys are pretty good

Driveline Service North Atlanta

I recently ordered a new rear driveshaft from a local dealership for $350. Already balanced and includes u joints. Something to consider vs replacing and having balanced as those $$ add up.
Not a bad deal at all! I got my u joints for about $55 a piece and will be installing them myself so I'll save a good bit. However having an additional driveshaft as a spare would be awesome too.

These guys are pretty good

Driveline Service North Atlanta

These guys are on my way home, I think I'll give them a call. Thanks!

Call me careless but I would just replace the u joints and put the shafts back in. Unless a weight has fallen off there’s not much chance for a driveshaft to go out of balance like a tire.

Call me careless but I would just replace the u joints and put the shafts back in. Unless a weight has fallen off there’s not much chance for a driveshaft to go out of balance like a tire.
You're right. I'm doing more for peace of mind, since I have a big trip planned. Plus I'm able to easily take them out have the cruiser down for a little while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom