80 Series 8020 Cruiser Kitchen (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

excellent build....echoing others sentiments...id buy that too

Are you planning on building/selling these? If not can we get a parts list and estimated build cost? Think about building something kind of similar in a sense, just want to know if it’s worth the sacrifice in time.

thank you sir!

Hey Andrew, glad to see you're still at it! I'm finally in the market for an 80 series as its time to get the kids out camping/wheeling/hiking/fishing etc..., which is how i stumbled upon your build thread. Excellent work on the whole kitchen design and the truck looks awesome! Is that Nathaniel's old truck with the swap?? Can't remember!
Anyhow i'll keep checking on progress and if you come across a decent 80 in your travels, let me know.
Cheers!
Dan

Looks pretty cool. But, where do the cook and the dishwasher sit when the rig is underway? 'Cause we'd have to bring a chef and cleanup boy along to make it worth having a kitchen. ;)

Mark...

Hey Andrew, glad to see you're still at it! I'm finally in the market for an 80 series as its time to get the kids out camping/wheeling/hiking/fishing etc..., which is how i stumbled upon your build thread. Excellent work on the whole kitchen design and the truck looks awesome! Is that Nathaniel's old truck with the swap?? Can't remember!
Anyhow i'll keep checking on progress and if you come across a decent 80 in your travels, let me know.
Cheers!
Dan
Thanks Dan! Sorry for the late reply. No it's not Nathaniel's truck, it's one I bought stock after our accident. Thanks for the compliment! Hit me up on PM and can share cell numbers.

A

Try to think if you can fit a tank under the car .
Will help in many ways , lower center of gravity,tank out of the way for life time , more space in the car for other things .
Normally people divert the exhaust tubes , and use that space for water or fuel tanks .
Just my 2 cents
Thanks! Currently two narrow plastic Jerry cans down the side. But I'm hoping to have a triangular shaped custom (narrow) tank built for between the rear seats and the box. I've measured and calculated the volume would be around 50L, assuming I use the full width between wheel wells and about 20 inches high.
Great setup. Regarding the water supply, we incorporated two 9 gallon water tanks where the spare used to be. One is heated with a heat exchange to 150F in 20 minutes using the plumbing of the rear OEM heater. Low pressure air blows the water out of the tanks into our kitchen sink and external shower. We carry 28 gallons of water total which last us 5-6 days including daily quick hot showers. You can check it here or for the full build blog here if you are interested.

Again, beautiful build you have done. The 80 series was designed at Toyota finest hour!

Cheers mate

--o

I've done quite a few projects with 8020; your thought process and execution is fantastic. Great build! I will be working on a version of this for my 60. Cheers!

Amazing build!

Thanks so much guys :)

Currently upgrading it, I'm adding 200AH of lithium and a DC-DC+MPPT controller. Will post pics when done.

I’m seriously debating on mine. I like the idea of 24 just for the fact the less copper. I found a Renogy DC/DC and MPPT integrated in one unit the can work on the DC input and out either 12/24 combo. Very tempting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom