80 pulling left and turns left when i break (1 Viewer)

hey guys i have a 1991 cruiser with a 4 inch lift and 35 inch muddies when i driving and i let go of the wheel the car ill turn left. also when i break it feels like my front wheels grab on something and just pull the car left any ideas on what these to thing are and what i can do to fix it once i put the lift kit in and the muddies on i got a wheel aliment done it helped it abit but not much would appreciate the help guys thank you

alright, this may sound completely stupid of me to say, but i had the same problem back when i had my 87 samurai and after messing around with stuff i finally discovered that the front passenger tire was leaking air pretty bad and was just always deflated a little. Fixed that and it fixed the problem. start with the most simple possible problem and work your way up from there I guess.

If it's not the air pressures, check the calipers for seized pistons. Had a similar problem except the truck had a constant pull and didn't figure it out until tire wear was evident..

Also check your tie rods and drag link. When those are worn, they will allow the wheels to pull the truck off line. Ours did the same thing until I replaced the ends.

when it was aligned did you have them check the balance on the tires. Also, as mentioned by an earlier reply, you may have an over or under reacted caliper. I recently build a 87 4runner for hunting and I had a similar problem. suggest you bleed the brakes to release any air in the lines that may be causing one of the calipers to grab when the other won't. If this don't solve it you may want to check the wear on your brake pads and see if one of the calipers are sticking.

thanks guys its more of a consent pulling to the left i swapped the front left Tyre with the front right and it doesn't seem to do it much now what u think this could be?

Fwiw I have the same problem. Just did new rotors, calipers, pads and repacked the bearings. Didn't change a thing, it's definitely not tire press... So I'm thinking tie rod ends. I'll be curious to hear what you find on yours. Good luck

a 4" lift with no correction of your caster is going to give you a lack of self centering steering and that wandering feeling on the road.

Mine had manual hubs and when not locked would do it out of the blue, locked never did it, turned out to be abs tone ring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom