79 RN37 Toyota 4x4 Pickup parts search in North Ga (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok so I recently purchased a "new" project truck. I like how it has a lot of similarities to design of my 80 and well who doesn't like a solid axle minitruck?
I have a lot to do on it. Frame is rust free, but the body has a few spots. Engine is done with several spun crank bearings and the truck is largely disassembled. I spent a lot of time on Amayama.com, parsouq.com and on lakeland toyota's parts sites ordering bunches of parts. Only to get the dreaded emails back saying unfortunately they don't have them. So I have located an engine and maybe some fenders from WNC AUTO PARTS – High Quality Auto Parts & Service as well as a windshield not far from them in NC, but then i started thinking, there has got to be sources of parts closer to the Atlanta area. So here is my question, where do people go to get parts for these old trucks? I've seen some after market body panel places, but not many with good reviews, in fact i find several people warning to run from them. So are there any good recommendations? I appreciate any tips you all might have.

I am about to order the fj40 front axle rebuild kit as it is apparently the same for these mini trucks from @cruiseroutfit , the kits i got from them for my 80 are very nice, but i don't think they have anything for my rear axle on this truck.

thanks in advance.

00505_6ZtXh4d2CDe_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Sources to consider. For discount dealer stuff. These are the sources I use for reference only, since my local dealer discounts.

For aftermarket Denso and Aisin I use Rockauto.com.

If you want to just look junk up, I do a lot of homework at parts catalog toyota, original catalog toyota, online catalog toyota, Car catalog toyota. I then use the two dealer sites to see what is still available from Toyota, and check for superceeded part numbers. I also use 7zap to cross reference for boneyard runs.

Thank you. I need to try these as well. It only takes a one place that still has the parts still in stock. You are right about 7zap, I did figure out a few part numbers from there. I haven't had the truck very long so I am still identifying more and more parts that need to be replaced.

Just going to update this incase others are looking also Found some stuff at WNC AUTO PARTS – High Quality Auto Parts & Service it is in NC, so not a bad drive.

Also this place managed to locate a dash pad for me Toyota Parts - Discount Genuine Toyota Parts and Accessories

amayama and partsouq both had stock listed that once the order was complete most of the things i ordered were removed, but i did get a few small things and on the upside they did update their catalogs to show current availability.

and then ebay. i have to go through and put more orders in to see who has what at a few more places and I will update on which ones prove to have stock for these trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom