For Sale 78 FJ40 w/smog legal FI V8, matching trailer Sacramento, Calif. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

******SOLD*****SOLD********
1978 FJ40 Landcruiserw/ matching traier. Tons of upgrades!
ok from some of the comments and questions I thought I would clarify a couple of things.
1. I didn't build this FJ. It has Toys on the Rocks Emblems and as others have noticed this does seem to have some Warden touches but I have yet been able to verify who did the original build. If anyone recognizes it or can put me in touch with the person who did please let me know.
2. If you have a question please let me know. I will do the best to get you a complete correct answer.
1991 fully smog legal Fuel Injected 350 Motor. Has BAR label from referee making this completely legal. Just passed smog with flying colors yesterday. No need to take to a referee. Any smog shop can smog this.
GM SM420 granny 4 speed transmission
Toyota transfer case
GM tilt column
GM Power steering
disc brakes
correctly done spring over conversion with constant velocity from driveshaft
Full family padded 6 point roll cage
custom front high back buckets with multi storage center console
tuck and fold forward rear bench seat with belts
custom rear dual carrier. left side spare tire, right side ice chest rack
rear tail light protectors
pintle hitch for towing matching trailer
fully carpeted inside
rear fender mounted speakers
roll cage mounted CB
aux temp and oil pressure guages
35" M&S tires mounted on color matched 15x10" aluminum mag wheels
color matched warn 8K winch
onboard air
aux skid plate protected rear gas tank with custom installed matching Toyota gas door
diamond plate rear corners
diamond under door protection.
3" Nerf bars
rear 1/2 doors from early FJ
Full correct hard doors with upgraded interior door trim
early model hard top with lift gate in rear to fit with 1/2 doors on the tub.

Trailer
Trailer is custom made to match the FJ
Matching 35" tires and color matched rims
Toyota leaf springs
body sides and rails look just like FJ
stock FJ rear tailights with protectors
pintle hitch
retacting hitch stand for when you want to disconnect the trailer in camp
may include factory tire carrier for rear of trailer if you want to carry an additional spare for the trailer.

There is probably something I'm not remembering. Call with any questions or for more details.

$15,500 OBO If you'd like to make an offer come and look at the truck first. I don't negotiate via phone, text or email. Too much BS! The trailer is for sale only with the Cruiser. I will separate it only if I sell the FJ without it first.

Possible trade for C5 Z06 or Crew Cab 4x4 diesel

PM or call 916-955-8313. wont respond to text or email too much BS

78 FJ40.jpg

11988.jpg

20160209_130930.jpg

20160209_131024.jpg

20160209_131103.jpg

Last edited:
That is a nice deal and close. Good luck with the sale. Built cruiser + trailer!

Lots of goodies too, like the on-board air. You could not build that truck today for anywhere near the asking price.

Who built this truck? Lots of Warden touches here and there.

great looking, do you have any pics of the hard top. on the rig? Also interior, undercarriage and engine bay? And as previous commenter implied; any info on who did the work would be helpful, I would guess most people just want to know what's under the diamond plate etc. thanks

I don't currently have any pics of the top on the trailer. It doesn't fit in my garage with the top on so I leave it off most of the time. I will attach a pic of the motor bay. I didn't put the diamond plate on. it was on the FJ when I got it. Didn't buy it from the builder but working on finding out who did the original work.

If anyone is interested in knowing what's under the diamond plate please PM me and I'll do my best to answer your questions in as much detail as I can find out.

My apologies. I wasn't assuming so much as being very confused. I had thought the trailer had what looks like an FJ top on it, though from the pic, it didn't look fully attached (you can see space between the top and bottom through the inside all the round. Some of the items listed, also baffled me and that GM sticker on the Formatting steering wheel just kind of threw my confusion into overdrive. I am sorry my confusion offended you. GLWS

My apologies. I wasn't assuming so much as being very confused. I had thought the trailer had what looks like an FJ top on it, though from the pic, it didn't look fully attached (you can see space between the top and bottom through the inside all the round. Some of the items listed, also baffled me and that GM sticker on the Formatting steering wheel just kind of threw my confusion into overdrive. I am sorry my confusion offended you. GLWS

no offense taken. Just a simple request. if you have questions or my post or pictures are confusing by all means please ask. I'm happy to answer any questions I have the answers too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom