'78 FJ40 Clutch Slave Problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A week ago my clutch slave cylinder started leaking badly so I got the '74-'80 slave from CCOT, only I forgot that mine is a V8 conversion (not sure of the adapters, etc. the previous owner did it) so the pushrod is too long. The old slave cylinder says 66 and the new one from CCOT says 55. Any idea where to get the correct slave cylinder from or how to make the new one work?

Here's the old and new part
IMG_0846.JPG

Is there any reason that you can't use the push rod from the old cylinder on the new cylinder? The rod just sits on the piston within the slave cylinder, and as long as the end facing the cylinder is the same as the end facing the cylinder of the new push rod, you should be able to just swap them out.

Haha I was just about to say I was fiddling with them and I swapped the pushrods and it all worked out. This is the first time I've messed with these. Thanks for the responses!

You may want to loosen up the acorn nut on the old push rod so it's easy to adjust (if needed) when you set up the travel for your new slave cylinder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom