76 FJ40 build/Saga (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice half doors! Where did you source them? Aqualu?

Wow that looks awesome.I love threads with pics of good progress being made rather than a bunch of chit chat:)

Nice half doors! Where did you source them? Aqualu?
I ordered them over a year ago, but if my memory is correct I think it was MAF

Wow that looks awesome.I love threads with pics of good progress being made rather than a bunch of chit chat:)
Thx Saw, I feel the same way, Ill try to keep up the progress pics and limit my chatter :beer:

Things are coming together, just got some of our major issues sorted out today. Also took a few pics. Fuel cell almost ready to go in just need to make a slight adjustment to the exaust...

Not sure if anyone noticed but we made the decision to close off the old open tailgate since the PO hacked it all up. Question is does anyone know of a half door hard top model? If so a little help on finding one would be greatly appreciated :beer:

Not sure if anyone noticed but we made the decision to close off the old open tailgate since the PO hacked it all up. Question is does anyone know of a half door hard top model? If so a little help on finding one would be greatly appreciated :beer:

Do you mean a hard top with a top hatch the folds up (like a 60/62 series)?

Do you mean a hard top with a top hatch the folds up (like a 60/62 series)?
well based on the current setup (pictured) we will have a soft top or no top design. The issue was brought up today that maybe down the road a hardtop replacement would be nice to have too (Oregon gets alot of rain). But the previous owner had pulled out the tailgate and installed full length ambulance doors. So now that we will have a solid rearend a hardtop fitting with functioning doors seems complicated...
IMG_20130724_093303_688.jpg
Passenger side.JPG

Like this

I've seen a couple of these half ambi door mods done; this particular set up is the highest quality one.

Why not skip the hassle and just install a hard top hatch from a 1974/5 and below? It will be much easier to make that hatch work with your tailgate then ripping up a set of ambi doors.

Update:

Work and school have been crazy since I last posted.....
Here is where we are

1. Repo the build (previous Project was being derailed by a drunk)
2. So much stuff missing its not even funny

Got a whole new parts list going again....

OUCH

Do you have more pics of your brake lines? Where did you get the parts and do you have a part list? Awesome looking build.

Got a new battery tray setup fit,welded,painted

No Pic sorry Forgot >,>

Moving along Fuel issues have finally been dealt with
Got a stock sender for the AUX tank, that is going to be the main tank. Had to make some tweaks to the tank kit, but its going to work, we hope
IMG_20140117_154016_603.jpg
IMG_20140117_095909_137.jpg

Do you have more pics of your brake lines? Where did you get the parts and do you have a part list? Awesome looking build.
Ill take some tomorrow and post up, and thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom