Builds 72 FJ40 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welcome, nice looking project. So kind of the previous owner to lock the keys to the ammo box, inside the ammo box! I did notice 2 things I have not seen before.
  1. Rear leaf packs only had 4 or 5 leafs......I have always seen 6 or 7 leafs in the stock leaf packs.
  2. You are missing the #1, must-have OEM accessory........a urine soaked mouse nest in the glove box. No worries though, I have a few extra and can send you one NO CHARGE!
Let us know what your plans are for moving forward with the project. Looking forward to Part 2! :popcorn:

Welcome, nice looking project. So kind of the previous owner to lock the keys to the ammo box, inside the ammo box! I did notice 2 things I have not seen before.
  1. Rear leaf packs only had 4 or 5 leafs......I have always seen 6 or 7 leafs in the stock leaf packs.
  2. You are missing the #1, must-have OEM accessory........a urine soaked mouse nest in the glove box. No worries though, I have a few extra and can send you one NO CHARGE!
Let us know what your plans are for moving forward with the project. Looking forward to Part 2! :popcorn:

Thanks for the info on the leaf springs. It has a 2nd gas tank which I’m assuming is not stock, maybe they changed the springs at the same time?

Anyway I plan to make it close to stock. I’ve discovered it was originally light blue and have decided to go back to that color.

I will likely add fuel injection and AC, but it will look very stock when it’s done.

I just dismantled a 71/72 that had a rotten tub. It was basically stock so if there are any 71/72 parts you are looking for let me know and I will check the inventory. I have that same auxiliary tank on my 67 that I will be starting the build for this winter. It is 21 gallon if I recall correctly. You may want to reach out to (Jim) @Downey regarding the Fuel Injection. He has supplied fuel injection parts and whole conversion kits. Jim is a great guy to work with and a vast bank of cruiser knowledge in general.

I just dismantled a 71/72 that had a rotten tub. It was basically stock so if there are any 71/72 parts you are looking for let me know and I will check the inventory. I have that same auxiliary tank on my 67 that I will be starting the build for this winter. It is 21 gallon if I recall correctly. You may want to reach out to (Jim) @Downey regarding the Fuel Injection. He has supplied fuel injection parts and whole conversion kits. Jim is a great guy to work with and a vast bank of cruiser knowledge in general.

Do you happen to have an exhaust manifold. The one on it now is homemade and rusted through. Also some correct rear seats would be nice, and possibly a replacement hood. Oh and I need some parts for the rear hatch. I found a hardtop for it but the locking mechanism is missing from the hatch.

I was planning on using a Howell injection kit because I had one on my CJ7 and loved it, but I will reach out to Jim.

Thanks

JNH Classics, I do have fuel injection kits for both GM TBI Conversions and Holley Sniper Conversions.

Do you happen to have an exhaust manifold. The one on it now is homemade and rusted through. Also some correct rear seats would be nice, and possibly a replacement hood. Oh and I need some parts for the rear hatch. I found a hardtop for it but the locking mechanism is missing from the hatch.

I was planning on using a Howell injection kit because I had one on my CJ7 and loved it, but I will reach out to Jim.

Thanks

I have an exhaust manifold, and I am local to you in Burbank. May have hatch parts too.

www.marksoffroad.net

Tuesday is the only day that would work for me this week, and even that I won’t be sure of that until tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom