Builds 72 FJ40 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great episode, to youre update Video:
I would close the hole for the extra tank.
Keep the tank but hide the filler somehow.
My grandfather had an extra tank and as soon as the normal tank was empty he could open a valve and the fuel from the extra tank would refill the standard tank.
So you dont have the problem that you dont have any indication on when the extra tank is empty.
I dont know if you can fabricate that or if its even worth it for youre needs.
But keep the 40 outside stock looking at any point...

I’ve been following along and appreciate your continued updates. Keep up the good work!

Glad to see some work on the 40. I watch all your videos but this series is obviously my favorite.

Wow that surprised me. I’ve been wondering what happened…. bummer you had to switch gears but it looks like you have a good solution. Looking forward to hearing about you driving it.

Now I’m worried about my restoration. I used that same Eastwood internal frame coating that you did but you’re right, there’s no way to get everything and I have some concerns about that. Oh well. I’m just gonna drive mine and see what happens. It’s been going on way too long and I dove much deeper than I ever thought I would or could!

I agree with you about the unrestored rigs. To me, they are the coolest. congrats

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom