70 Series General Tech and Classifieds. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So more info on mine...

1990 HZJ73 JDM. Been in the country a few months and I bought it from Land Cruisers Direct. It's RHD and automatic, AC and locked. I've not laid eyes on it yet and can't pick it up (due to my f-ed up schedule) until September 22.

IMG_4713.JPG

IMG_4748.JPG

IMG_4741.JPG

Last edited:
Whoa... congrats. To both new owners.

Hey im Free too ;)

The fireman and i could give it a good shakedown run taking the long way to Texas. Beno already on speed dial .... we will just need a CC #

Anything with an L engine iteration is a walking time Bomb.

In fact, any of these used 25+ year old trucks are going to require thousands on the backside after purchase.

Or drive it and cross your fingers.

These are high end exotic used cars.

Nope they are sturdy old tractors !

I would daily drive a lhd Euro spec LJ73 with 2LT anytime and anywhere,if you want to bash on the 2LT please specify that the RHD JDM trucks gave it a bad rep, I know many guys in Europe having over 300k on there 2LT's and still going.

Plus a LJ drives much more comfortable then any leaf sprung 7x's

FYI, the back seats on these 2-door models are not adult sized by any stretch of the imagination. Anyone under 48" might fit, but will likely still complain. :D

Again big difference between the rhd models that where build to suit shorter people then the lhd ones that have way more legroom but less space to load gear

Nope they are sturdy old tractors !

I would daily drive a lhd Euro spec LJ73 with 2LT anytime and anywhere,if you want to bash on the 2LT please specify that the RHD JDM trucks gave it a bad rep, I know many guys in Europe having over 300k on there 2LT's and still going.

Plus a LJ drives much more comfortable then any leaf sprung 7x's

I want to see proof. Every since 2L-T has been a s*** bag that I've seen. :flipoff2:

People say same thing about a 1KZTE....but just like anything if you treat it well it will treat you well.

Go hop in a 3 year old domestic anything.....I would have a 20/30/40 year old s***tiest LC and still be nicer.

@joekatana i am a few years out b/c I want to get these kids out of the big ass car seats then 70 series time for me....

FYI, the back seats on these 2-door models are not adult sized by any stretch of the imagination. Anyone under 48" might fit, but will likely still complain. :D

My small humans just have to ride to school in it. The cool factor will great outweigh the 1 mile drive in a small back seat.

Is there any way to shorten that "slab" of a front bumper? I'd have to fix that right away!

Just enough room for a 3 piece band on that stage... I mean bumper.

Is there any way to shorten that "slab" of a front bumper? I'd have to fix that right away!

Or you can dance on it at Crawl.

It's just frame extenders for winch.

Mine has the PTO winch but Ian W. was telling me he did a write-up on Mud some time ago about pulling the winch back further in the frame so that I can get rid of the chrome park bench. I won't look nearly as good posing on it as Beastiethe70 does on hers I assure you. I gotta find that thread...

Last edited:
Really nice 70s Heather & Bossman! Jealous!!

image.jpg
One step closer thanks to Bill, Heather, Georg, Little G, and Mark. Thanks guys.

I am only a little concerned that they might be pawning it for Mogfest beer money...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom