65 FJ40 dashboard button (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, new to the forum. Can anyone recommend how I remove this wiper button from the dashboard?
Thanks

5D2F9000-81E5-4AC4-ACDD-6A0EDE4AD77B.jpeg

7F0D9D7A-DDB3-4AD7-93A8-DF325A1E403A.jpeg

F55C2B8C-22FC-4516-9986-2F52AF8F6919.jpeg

I believe you remove the nut on the back side and then it should come out?

PB Plaster early and often for a few days. I've had that stuff free up more delicate parts that had more rust than that.

It’s rusted. Any tool recommendation to remove?

I've seen worse of the same type of nut on license plate lights that I was able to loosen with channel lock pliers. If you have some needle nose vise grip pliers you can grab onto the vertical "lip" and sort of twist it to loosen.

I guess it depends on if you need to keep the nut. If that's the case, I hit it with some penetrating lubricant, remove the wire, and loosen the nut with the proper sized dog bone wrench.

I've seen worse of the same type of nut on license plate lights that I was able to loosen with channel lock pliers. If you have some needle nose vise grip pliers you can grab onto the vertical "lip" and sort of twist it to loosen.

I guess it depends on if you need to keep the nut. If that's the case, I hit it with some penetrating lubricant, remove the wire, and loosen the nut with the proper sized dog bone wrench.

I guess if you are googling, the proper term is off set boxed end wrench, like these: https://shop.harborfreight.com/medi...b33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_17648.jpg

Maybe even a regular boxed end wrench would work.

Well that’s not stock, you sure it’s for the wiper and not a horn button? Doesn’t matter, what’s been suggested for removal is good advice.

Unless you need to reuse it, a screwdriver will work. It’s a sheet metal nut, no tensile strength, and will deform/ loosen with a small amount of prying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom