'64 FJ40 getting 350 700r4 and Split T-case (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

it's been awhile. days are too long but never enough time.

anyway, it's off to get some interior work done and I took the time to get some pictures before I bring it in.

there is only some small thing needed to tie up and be running.

pictures;
marshall's FJ40 update 001.jpg
marshall's FJ40 update 002.jpg
marshall's FJ40 update 003.jpg

Last edited:
would not have been able to tuck all this up and under the dash if I had not removed the cowl vent. The the vent was replaced with a painted blank that served well as an access to wiring and heater hoses.
marshall's FJ40 update 010.jpg
marshall's FJ40 update 011.jpg
marshall's FJ40 update 012.jpg

Looks great. Maybe we should race? How much HP you think it's making?:cool:

Remember me, I bought a bunch of hardtop stuff from ya awhile back.

Looks great. Maybe we should race? How much HP you think it's making?:cool:

Remember me, I bought a bunch of hardtop stuff from ya awhile back.

not a lot of hp, maybe 300. how did the hardtop work out for you? didn't you buy the roll cage intended for this truck also?

that looks like crap! :flipoff2:

jk, bitchin work sean! :cheers: better never ever let me drive that cruiser. between my heavy right foot, my "need to wheel" and being half blind, i don't see myself returning the rig to you in the same condition. :steer:
not gonna make it by your place this year:frown:, but hopefully next year we'll see you again for some more free-loading and great BBQ! :banana:

keep it up bro, solid job! :cool:

georg

not gonna make it by your place this year:frown:,
georg

hmmmmmmm, now I'm really going to have to plan this trip to CA. was just talking to Mike Bingham at Cabe down in Long Beach that i have to pick stuff up at yours and John's place. I'll call you this weekend.

thanks for the words

oh yeah, that turbo is pretty slick

Last edited:
I only bought some hardtop parts....no cage. Parts are still sitting in my shed.

Nice build.

How about an update on your AC unit install, and how much you like it....

the A/C unit works fine, the fan is strong and it is as cool as every other sub-par R134 unit that comes in new automobiles these days.

the black soft top is not the optimal choice for a vehicle here in Tucson, but the truck will be headed to it's new home in New England where I'm sure the A/C will be more than sufficient.

It's been awhile since an update, I'll try to get some more recent photos before the truck leaves my property.

nothing crazy................it's going to be used in upper state NY as an urban snow vehicle, probably not much serious off-road
ABC 007.jpg
ABC 008.jpg
ABC 009.jpg

the a/c unit that I installed works best with a '64 or earlier body style without the "outside air" vent. the entire firewall on this vehicle was modified per power brakes, power steering and a/c unit.
ABC 010.jpg
ABC 011.jpg
ABC 012.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom