62 Seat Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wanting to upgrade my seats. Its either reupholster or replace. What are some seat options y'all have used that doesn't require a ton of customizing. I think the rear bench, would be the hardest to make work. Would love some pics of aftermarket seats if anybody has any?
Cheers

Scheel-Mann Vario F + Planted adapter bracket = basically a bolt-in (at least on early trucks). These seats are eye-wateringly expensive, but worth every penny.

7844F5F3-E6B6-472A-921B-B4A334CCCBA7.jpeg

@Broadside Those look great in your 60. I want the same seats in my 40. Don’t know if I’ll ever pull the trigger.

I debated various seat options as well - mine were trashed (front and back fabric, and front foam bottoms). The SM option would probably be the most comfortable but was not in my budget. I debated just dropping in some affordable Smitty Bilts for the front, but couldn't get my head around everything not matching. Ultimately, I ordered two new foam bottoms from Specter (various IH8MUD threads on that subject) and ordered leather re-upholstery from Mosley Motors (color Graphite). It's a little darker than what the photo indicates. I'm pleased with how the project turned out (but will be happy if I never see another hog ring). It was a straight forward project, with the exception of the headrests which I still haven't figured out. Really pleased with how well the leather fit (and it smells like a new car now). I did add a little seat back bolster foam for the driver seat while I had things disassembled (which is why there's a slight ridge on seat back).

Leather seat.jpg

There are dozens of 'FJ60/2 seat threads' here on Mud. BMW 3-series seats with Torfab adapters are popular, as well.

Also you can just recover your existing seats with a cover from Cruiser corps. Might need new foam for drivers seat (specter carries them) but everything else is straightforward. I am thinking of going this route. I have grey interior link below is for brown. I think you can also just buy the material from them to do the door cards as well to match. They sell the material stand alone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom