62 Seat Options

Wanting to upgrade my seats. Its either reupholster or replace. What are some seat options y'all have used that doesn't require a ton of customizing. I think the rear bench, would be the hardest to make work. Would love some pics of aftermarket seats if anybody has any?
Cheers

Scheel-Mann Vario F + Planted adapter bracket = basically a bolt-in (at least on early trucks). These seats are eye-wateringly expensive, but worth every penny.

7844F5F3-E6B6-472A-921B-B4A334CCCBA7.jpeg

@Broadside Those look great in your 60. I want the same seats in my 40. Don’t know if I’ll ever pull the trigger.

I debated various seat options as well - mine were trashed (front and back fabric, and front foam bottoms). The SM option would probably be the most comfortable but was not in my budget. I debated just dropping in some affordable Smitty Bilts for the front, but couldn't get my head around everything not matching. Ultimately, I ordered two new foam bottoms from Specter (various IH8MUD threads on that subject) and ordered leather re-upholstery from Mosley Motors (color Graphite). It's a little darker than what the photo indicates. I'm pleased with how the project turned out (but will be happy if I never see another hog ring). It was a straight forward project, with the exception of the headrests which I still haven't figured out. Really pleased with how well the leather fit (and it smells like a new car now). I did add a little seat back bolster foam for the driver seat while I had things disassembled (which is why there's a slight ridge on seat back).

Leather seat.jpg

Also you can just recover your existing seats with a cover from Cruiser corps. Might need new foam for drivers seat (specter carries them) but everything else is straightforward. I am thinking of going this route. I have grey interior link below is for brown. I think you can also just buy the material from them to do the door cards as well to match. They sell the material stand alone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom