60 series....Tech and Classifieds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This sucked.
IMG_7674.JPG

To replace fuel pump. My old 62 I just cut a panel in the floor of the cargo area. I got the dumb idea to do it "right" on this one. I'm a dumbass. I'd already be done if I had just cut this one.

How do you know the pump needed replacing? Few months ago I thought I was going to need to drop a FJ62 tank to replace the pump but discovered that instead the circuit opening relay had died. A 5 minute fix instead of 5 hour fix.

Need some help... In dropping the tank to do the fuel pump, see that the main power line to the pump has been bypassed and a new line is running along the frame then straight into the fuse panel. Looking at the wiring harness, it looks like it was pinched last time the tank was dropped and re-installed. So, I'm guessing the bad wire is just up from the harness where it was pinched. I cut the wire to before the pinch. Opened the diagnostic box under the hood to jump with a paperclip, which is supposed to turn the fuel pump on with just the ignition set to on. Diagnostic box is full of what looks like grease.

158B61C2-7C87-4ADB-BBF0-C8CEB802E7ED.JPG

try to get some out with the paper clip and then try the test to see if I'm getting power to the wire past the pinch. No dice, so now I'm wondering if the paperclips aren't making enough connection or if the wire has an issue somewhere farther up the line. Really don't want to get into pulling out all that wire, so I may just leave the new wire jumped into the fuse box. Ideas?

That should be dielectric grease. It is utilized to keep moisture from effecting the electrical plug. Use a volt meter to determine if you are getting power or not. But the grease, if the proper kind, is OK.

Anyone know a source for a 2f carb insulator block in good shape or new ? I've got a vac leak at the base of the carb, my block is not perfectly flat, and the factory bonded gaskets are long gone , I put new gaskets on it and I still have the leak although not as bad but, it still won't idle ... thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom