60 Front Door Weatherstrip (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Summit racing has Precision gaskets
GRB-5110-81
GRB-5120-81

94A4B9C5-4ED6-43EC-96BC-809E3470466B.png

10' for the front doors, I have not installed it on the read doors yet.

I ordered two 10' lengths, it's definitely 10' per door. So 40' total for all 4 doors.

Info is below. I should note 10’ isn’t long enough for the rear doors. I don’t know what length is.

But if you want two 10’ lengths for your front doors message me. I think I still have extras in the garage I’d sell you.

40EA46AE-4212-4441-8A24-C9E165F310EC.jpeg

Ok, so got my new weatherstrip installed and still had wind noise. A few days later I got the new welt strip with the bulb attached from Wagoneer and this did the trick. I went ahead and ordered this for my two back doors and not even replace the original weatherstrip. Should of started with this on the fronts. Gives you a great seal and you can understand why the 62 went to this system. I was hesitant when I realized that I was pulling off brown welt to put on black. I thought they were sending me the bulb to adhere to my OEM welt. After I got it installed I think it looks totally stock and it is actually so close to other black wetherstrip like around the front glass that you dont notice at all. Just a note for any purist.
View attachment 2013766
View attachment 2013767
Any recommendation on other retailers since wagon gear is no longer??

See the above recommendation from poptart injust did front and back with original weatherstrip still on the doors and it’s great, looks stock even though it’s black.

If anybody is looking for a full set of in great shape original welts let me know.

If you’re looking for weather stripping I recommend getting it from Precision. Precision Premium Automotive Glass Parts | Automotive Parts - https://www.prp.com/

I’ve had really good luck with their stuff and the quality is great.

However, I don’t recommend buying from them. Use their website to get the part number and google the part number. Typically Summit or Jegs has it cheaper and they just drop ship from precision.

For the door welts the part stuff from McMaster car is better then factory in my opinion and doesn’t look out of place.

Hope this helps.

I have a nice full set of originals in brown if anyone is looking for something stock. I went aftermarket and I have had to reglue the bubble mold onto the welt in a few areas. Maybe should of stuck with original.

Hate hijacking the thread but I need to ask since it’s weather strip related..

The rear tailgate, can I use the same McMaster 9/64 channel and bulb discussed above for the doors or is there a different size / product to use?? Any suggestions?? My truck has never had it so I don’t know any better..or have a reference.

Thanks.

The rear tailgate, can I use the same McMaster 9/64 channel and bulb discussed above for the doors or is there a different size / product to use?? Any suggestions?? My truck has never had it so I don’t know any better..or have a reference.

Thanks.
Precision makes them. Check my earlier post for info. Probably cheaper than getting the stuff from McMaster

Thanks.
City racer has them I think.

Did anyone try this? McMaster-Carr part #12335A44? Is it the right part number? My 62 has wind noise... thinking of buying enough to replace all 4 doors... thinking a 50 ft piece ($173) may be enough to do all of the doors?
I bought a set of 4, 10’ 12335A44 for my ‘88 FJ62. Seems like I have the early model door welts as they don’t have an OEM bulb. I’m not really happy with the McMasters. They’re tough to put on and don’t cover as much of the interior space, so you can see some of the headliner clips. I went back to the OEM welts but that’s my own preference. Debating what to do at this point.

A 50ft piece is enough for all 4 doors if you decide to do it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom