60 Front Door Weatherstrip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just bought some to try off of Amazon. Haven’t installed it just yet though. The bulb does look a little big to me though.

I've been working to improve the wind/road noise coming through my driver side door as well on my FJ62. Replaced the weatherstripping, window run channel, and felt strip. That helped some but still getting very distinct noise through there.

Want to try the door seals -- if it ever had that rubber bulb, it's long gone. Wagon Gear and Trail Tailor are both sold out.

Anyone found any other sources for these replacement door seals? Thanks.
I know McMaster-Carr sells a quality replacement but I don’t have an item #.

No, sorry. Search mud, it’s out there somewhere.

No, sorry. Search mud, it’s out there somewhere.
Try this

BABA9ACE-0B60-4644-9CC0-DC6E9E2CAFAA.png

So the strip I bought on Amazon is $16 for 10’.
It fits the door jam excellent. The door closes a good bit harder now. You have to almost slam the door to close it.
I wish the bulb was a little smaller. I’ll check McMaster later for differences in what Amazon has.
7198595B-36F7-4306-B0A7-FDB8AEDECD46.jpeg
E905A921-D246-46E9-B232-3EEDB9D15C4E.jpeg

So the strip I bought on Amazon is $16 for 10’.
It fits the door jam excellent. The door closes a good bit harder now. You have to almost slam the door to close it.
I wish the bulb was a little smaller. I’ll check McMaster later for differences in what Amazon has.
View attachment 2524811View attachment 2524812
Thanks for the pics. It'd be interesting to get your before/after on how much it reduces noise when you drive.

McMaster on the left and amazon product on the right.
McMaster allows the door to close much easier.
View attachment 2526652
Excellent, now we need a comparison between McMaster-Carr and Precision. I have Precision and will check shipping from MC for a 12”.

Excellent, now we need a comparison between McMaster-Carr and Precision. I have Precision and will check shipping from MC for a 12”.
I haven't seen precisions. when I looked on their site I didn't see anything. Mcmaster is around $3 a foot. Mcmaster does have a drawing, does Precision?

do you have a piece or part number? I’d like to see it to compare it.
No, I'm not aware of it being available from them. It's worth check in with them to see if it's something they would make. Their weather stripping is nice quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom