6" lift pics? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

neowulf said:
dscf0004.jpg

37/13,5-15 pro-comp x-terrain,works great

works great.
Sweet ride neowulf - I'd hate to pay for the fuel for that truck in Norway :D Where you from - spent quite a bit of time around Stavanger ...

Tucker

Derek (Darwood), nice rig. I guess you can regear with 315s, some people seem to just go with stock gear with that size. My plan is to keep the stock tires with 6" lift for daily driving and get a seperate set of (5) 37s (BFG Krawlers) or Micheline XZL 9.0 (36s) for my offroad events. I may go 295 or 305 for regular driving. I prefer not to drive in a daily basis with 315s or 37s on, yeah it will hurt the gas mileage. Ofcourse I shall regear to 5.29s for the 37s or 36s.

clarkrw3 said:
what is the hight of your rig from floor to highest point with 35's...just trying to figure if I will be able to get it into my garage??

With no roof rack of any kind it is just about 7 feet tall - kinda hard to get accurate, but it's somewhere there or a couple of inches taller. It could squeeze under a 7 1/2 foot opening.

With no roof rack of any kind it is just about 7 feet tall - kinda hard to get accurate, but it's somewhere there or a couple of inches taller. It could squeeze under a 7 1/2 foot opening.

thanks for the reply this is def the lift I would like to go with!!

Riad said:
Derek (Darwood), nice rig. I guess you can regear with 315s, some people seem to just go with stock gear with that size. My plan is to keep the stock tires with 6" lift for daily driving and get a seperate set of (5) 37s (BFG Krawlers) or Micheline XZL 9.0 (36s) for my offroad events. I may go 295 or 305 for regular driving. I prefer not to drive in a daily basis with 315s or 37s on, yeah it will hurt the gas mileage. Ofcourse I shall regear to 5.29s for the 37s or 36s.

You have a wee bit of a learning curve ahead .. :D

TY

T Y L E R said:

You have a wee bit of a learning curve ahead .. :D

TY

Welp, I guess I do :D. I know 5.29s are way too mcuh for the stock tires. I haven't got the kit, tires and wheels yet. I will let ya all know when I do, with pics.

Does anyone have a write up on doing this lift, with pics? I was just wanting to read thought what all is involved since it is much more then your average OME.

clarkrw3 said:
Does anyone have a write up on doing this lift, with pics? I was just wanting to read thought what all is involved since it is much more then your average OME.

It's not really much more involved than the OME lift, it's all the same parts. . . Springs, shocks, either new control arms or some form of castor correction. Go to slee.com and read the OME and then look up any of the extra pieces you may want to add (like the adjustable panhard and/or the adjustable rear control arms).

Sitting in Driveway
fj8037s.jpg

Poser shot
image011.jpg

Corbs,

I noticed you do not have a rear bumper. Were you able to adjust the rear upper arms enough to get rid of the drive shaft wine? Mine only does it on light deceleration, like coasting down a hill.

I carry 120 lbs of gravel in the back and a bunch of tools so I haven't had much of an issue. I actually haven't even installed the adjustable rears. . . the driveline angle looked fine so I didn't bother. The back still does feel too light as it'll "hop" a little on speed bumps where as the front will roll over them quite nicely.

I plan to get a rear bumper eventually but with the excepting of the speed bumps it rides fine.

corbs said:
I carry 120 lbs of gravel in the back and a bunch of tools

Now I'm curious .. how did you effectively secure the gravel? Thinking of a frontal collision .. and that bearing down on you at warp speeds . :eek:

TY

tucker74 said:
Sweet ride neowulf - I'd hate to pay for the fuel for that truck in Norway :D Where you from - spent quite a bit of time around Stavanger ...

Tucker

I live in kirkenes and i get most of my oil from russia (1/4 of the price it would be in norway)
(Diesel are now at 1,5$/liitre in norway)

Oh and it's a slee lift , i have searched the internett and caled and mailed arond the world for some time before setteling on the slee kit and for those of you that want a bolt-on kit this is probably the best lift you will find.

:cheers:

clownmidget said:
ok, so here's some pics

first is the 6" springs with the 17" rims & 315 BFG AT's.

second and third are during the spring install with the same tires, jack is just holding up cats.

Clownmidget, just curious, why did you have the whole front end of the cruiser taken apart?

MLX450 said:
Darwood - Nice rig. Do you plan to do the gears yourself? Is it difficult to replace the ring and pinion? 4.88's right?

No, I don't plan on doing the gears myself. I figure I should let someone who knows how to set them up right do the job. I think it probably takes 3 or 4 setups to understand how to set up diff gears properly and I just don't see myself doing that anytime soon. I may however pull the 3rd members and bring those into the shop to save money.

I'm still debating as to whether I should go 4.56's or 4.88's. I'm leaning towards 4.56's since that will get the speedo back to stock with 315/75/16's.

cc93cruiser said:
Clownmidget, just curious, why did you have the whole front end of the cruiser taken apart?

That was during my temporary loss of sanity where I thought it would be a good idea to do the 6" spring lift, machine out my front control arms, weld in the adjustable caster, do a 1 inch body lift and install a used Safari turbo w/ intercooler in my driveway.

clownmidget said:
That was during my temporary loss of sanity where I thought it would be a good idea to do the 6" spring lift, machine out my front control arms, weld in the adjustable caster, do a 1 inch body lift and install a used Safari turbo w/ intercooler in my driveway.

But hey,

It all seemed to work out just fine, didn't it this weekend... Except for those AT's... Next time get some real tires would ya....

-Matt

Here's a pic of mine with the slee 6" lift.
Cheers,
Sean

I love the Slee 6" lift. Here is my truck:
Security-Nietzsche.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom