Builds 6.2 going into my 62!! With TT coil conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The main reason I decided to try to tackle this myself!

6DF00CE4-C2CC-4EBB-9618-AA4154942B7C.jpeg

A5806F2E-884A-47FC-B19B-368878763B53.jpeg

Nice shop! I did mine on a gravel floor. But at least it was covered.

Congrats on the upcoming project and it's great you're going to share the experience with your son.

Yeah, anything other then AA.

What would you recommend then? I've mostly seen AA mounts on the build threads. I see that Mark's has some that seem a little better engineered, but they're similar to AA. Very curious to see what's out there...

What would you recommend then? I've mostly seen AA mounts on the build threads. I see that Mark's has some that seem a little better engineered, but they're similar to AA. Very curious to see what's out there...

I would go with either OEM mounts and brackets with custom dabbed brackets for the frame, or bushing style. The nice thing about the bushing style is they can be very compact. I am running 80-series rear control arm rubber bushings as my engine mounts and it is a super compact setup, nice and ridged (the motor has very little movement which is better for radiator hose and exhaust pipe life) but zero vibrations are transferred. Also, the AA mounts put the leverage of the mount a bit farther away from the side of the aluminum block like OP is using then I’d like to see but this is a nitpick.

I scored mounts from TLC that utilize the GM isolator. The mounts were very reasonably priced. At one time they were developing a kit to adapt a LS into a 60 chasis which included the engine mounts, cross member, etc. Not sure if they are still supporting this project but might be worth contacting them.

-Ed

I scored mounts from TLC that utilize the GM isolator. The mounts were very reasonably priced. At one time they were developing a kit to adapt a LS into a 60 chasis which included the engine mounts, cross member, etc. Not sure if they are still supporting this project but might be worth contacting them.

-Ed

Thanks For Ed, exactly what I went with.

617EC62E-E261-4D08-9860-114194868C99.jpeg

When did you score the engine mounts? I thought tlc wasn’t selling them anymore? Awesome build you’ve got going on! Look forward to seeing it unfold.

Sorry, yes. Came in Friday. It did take several emails before they replied but I’ll bet a call could generate great results

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom